Green Day – Holiday

Thanks. And the next recording will be oosted as soon as I finally finish learning American Idiot. The same band, the same album, another great tune. Not that hard, but definitely quite trickie.

Thank you, Ross.

Thanks, Greg. And welcome to the community!

Thanks for listening!
You should definitely try to play this one. It’s not too difficult and you can easily make it simpler.
And power chords are so much fun and easy to play and you almost instantly can play a huge chunk of rock and metal riffs and songs using only them. So give it a try!

1 Like

Also, can anybody suggest a lesson or advise on slides. Not from one note to another, but like in this song, across the whole fretboard. I can’t make them sound right. Or are they like that because it’s not an electric guitar?

Very nice, Artem. I agree to play this tune on an acoustic; it does the song justice by playing the chords. I like the way you arranged the whole song. I had to listen to GD do it as I was unfamiliar with the song. Bravo! I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks, Keith! Glad you liked it. Actually the only thing I did for the arrangement is played full chords during verses and also played bass riff. Everything else is straight up Songsterr tabs.

1 Like

Hi Artem,
You had my focus from the first to the last seconds…amazingly well done :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings…

1 Like

Thanks, Rogier. Really glad you liked it.
Againg, this is what it’s all about, making yourself and others feel good.
Personally I won’t say it’s amazing, even in this take (the best one) there are some flaws, but it’s solid.

Oh so impressive. I was a bit mesmerized watching all the fast changes. It’s a pretty cool song when played on the acoustic. SO well done, Artem!

1 Like

I’m happy you enjoyed it!

Congrats ! Great guitar cover, particularly on acoustic !

1 Like

Thanks, really appreciate it.
And I don’t have a choice since my electic guitar isn’t with me. But that gives me a room to make an electric version in the future. :wink:

That was brilliant Artem and a great take being played on an acoustic. You could tell what it was as soon as you started. Loved to solo and the bass riff, great stuff.

I also enjoyed the trippy background. :face_with_peeking_eye: :joy:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like