GREENSLEEVES on Electric Guitar

You’re a lovely guy, Rogier, but my goodness, you do take your time grasping concepts… :roll_eyes:
A couple of years ago there was a fad on the forum called One-Take-Wednesday. It seems you have finally reached that point in your journey and are indeed making progress on reducing the number of attempts:
Wed 26th July- 80
Wed 2nd Aug- 15
I’m holding my breath in anticipation of next week’s offering-
Will he do it in one? :rofl:
No, seriously, that was an extremely enjoyable (if short) listen. Congratulations :bouquet:
It is the sign of a great tune that it never gets stale, no matter how often heard.
Loved it :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Nicole @JokuMuu
Very much thanks :blush: :sunglasses:
I love kiwi`s very much and eat them after breakfast or lunch…looking at 8 now …luckily they are quiet :rofl:
Glad to hear and it is Raining cats and dogs here to :grimacing:
Greetings…

Hi Brian, :blush:

thank you i will definitely come back to this some day :upside_down_face:

Uhhh :roll_eyes: … well , uh …

If you only knew how often I think of Gordon @sairfingers during attempt??? 10+ :confounded:
even while playing and then I make another big mistake and can do it again :grimacing: :grin:
then in my mind I shout “out of my head”… or something like that :laughing:

Just a matter of a shorter song and luck and some acceptance…

Take one will definitely come (what? I have an older one (few weeks) ready but it’s for my LL) but that will be backing track with solo over that then I don’t mind big mistakes so very much …

Thank you thank you :blush: :sunflower:

Greetings

Hi Rogier,

that was so sweet and lovely - you made my heart melt a little! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I really enjoyed the listen, you have a good touch on those melody notes to be highlighted, rolling came smooth and sweet - I liked it a lot! :smiley: :clap:

Regards the timing: I have the same issues with that piece, I always speed up on these three single picked notes. :rofl: But seriously, it was not in a way that was annoying or so, it was fairly noticeable. :slight_smile:

Keep those Videos comining, it’s a great pleasrue to listen to you! :smiley:

1 Like

Rogier, you are really spoiling us. Two in one month, what a treat.

Nicely played and I like how the guitar sounded like an oldie worldie instrument.

1 Like

Fine! If I want it that badly I will just do it myself. I kid, I kid. Your version is perfectly fine. Clean to the edge of breakup would be cool too – with some whammy bar. I kid even more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Socio is he?! Rogier we know you know our teasing is always goodhearted :wink::innocent::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

A Wednesday or any other day, that was terrific Rogier. The electric guitar tone you achieved sounded very Tudor- ish. Super delicate and sensitive playing. Well done, you’ve clearly put a huge amount of work into this one and Yesterday.

As for recording a one take, it’s one thing strumming and singing, quite another to play a piece like yours where there is no hiding place if you make a mistake. I really enjoyed your version.

1 Like

Fabulous Rogier! Very smooth and clean and a lovely treat on this Thursday evening! Enjoyed on my porch with a glass of red wine :wine_glass:.

1 Like

This was one of the first songs i learned! Nice one man!

1 Like

Hi Lisa @Lisa_S
Thank you That’s a lot of nice things you say :blush:
Those little 3 notes :upside_down_face:
Well I’ll take a break from posting the videos it’s been very busy all that extra attention from myself with practice and the forum with your lovely comments,…and 10 days of vacation with my girl … going out to shops guitar shops :laughing:…But the guitar learning process is huge…we learn early in the course that you record yourself is important, but I was especially amazed with Yesterday how much faster the learning went towards near perfection for my level because within a few days with that camera on my head it went faster than in the months before… …and there’s more to it :sweat_smile:
Greetings…

Hi Stefan @SgtColon
Thank you again, :sunglasses:
Interesting appointment of the guitar :smiley:
I even think in 1 week, luckily there is a month separation otherwise the mods would have merged my sparse video posts :rofl:
Greetings

Hi Clint @CT
:laughing: please don’t ever get all serious keep kidding…thank you :sunglasses:
But I need those peddals :sunglasses:
Greetings…

Hi Silvia @SILVIA
And those jokes can be a bit harder here and there to me … :elephant: :grin:
I now also have a kind of holiday here, my girl is at home for 10 days and we don’t go to the mountains unfortunately, but we do go on the road a lot by car, do fun things such as going to Bax music, Keesdee guitar shop and maybe I’ll come up with a nice day out to Soumanmusichouse :innocent:
And the nice thing about this above is that it will also happen :rofl:
Greetings and enjoy your stay :sunglasses:

Hi Gordon @sairfingers
Thank you very much :blush: :sunglasses:
Thanks for appoint… glad you liked it and

:loudspeaker: Brian @brianlarsen do you read this? :rofl:

Yes yes, even then a mistake or 4 shouldn’t matter to much …or something like that… :blush:
Greetings

Hi Eddie @Eddie_09
Good to hear from you again, Thank you :sunglasses:
and you create a wonderful image again, now it’s a lot later but enjoy the Friday :sunglasses:
Greetings,

Hi Byron @Bytron08
Thank you :sunglasses:
Wow one of your first :sweat_smile: …nice and way to difficult in the beginning for me, but it has brought you a lot given your guitar playing :sunglasses:
Greetings

So… now just driving around outside to recover :blush: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks for telling me openly Rogier, I highly value your friendship here in the Community and only intend to be nice to you, please take my apologises if anything sounded anyhow nasty…have a blast with your girl! :blush:

1 Like

as long as you don’t literally set your guitar (or anyone else’s guitar) on fire, you’re fine and are apologises never nessesary.
:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Haha, I’m tempted to say: “Show me!” :rofl:

1 Like

Really, nice playing, Roger. I very much enjoyed that performance.

1 Like

That’s sounds amazing! Enjoy your vacation with your girl, Rogier. :smiley: And of course guitar shopping! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Dave @oldhead49
Thank you ,nice to hear from you :smiley: :sunglasses:

I thought about synchronizing it with a classic guitar performance on the video :joy:, but that would be too much work for me… that art form is your field of work :sunglasses:
Greetings…

Hi Lisa @Lisa_S
Thank you :smiley: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very nicely played Rogier! First AVOYP of yours I have had the pleasure to watch! No criticism, just kudos to you! Thank you for sharing…
in the infamous words of Oliver Twist, “ Please sir, I want some more”!!!

Tod

1 Like

Hi Tod,
Thank you for listening and for the positive comment ,I/we want more (bis bis bis :smile:) is a nice compliment, :sunglasses: :blush:
And luckily for you there is more :rofl:… I haven’t made much yet and it is of course older than this so of much beginner quality except for a finger style just before this one and a improv thing.
Greetings

Played gently and with care, well done Roger!

1 Like

Good morning Rogier! I can’t believe, I missed this one :thinking:! So I send my belated praise only now. Sorry for that! Everything I could say has already been mentioned, so I won’t repeat that all, but :clap: :clap: :clap:. Interesting for me to see, as I’m currently working on rolling chords and more sooner than later will have to learn Greensleeves too… as always Rogier, it was a enjoyable listen!

1 Like