Greetings and salutations from Kim in Kansas, USA

Hi there!

I’ve been a beginning student of the guitar for quite some time. The issue for me was how I learn. I am notoriously difficult to teach and most of the time have to work pretty hard to memorize things. Now that I am older, that doesn’t work as well because what I work hard to memorize also I forget faster than I used to and I end up starting all over again.

I am super excited about this course. For the first time I am retaining what I am learning because of the method. I’ve been looking forward to the lessons because I remember what I learned the day before and I see progress. I actually want to practice again and this method has excited me about learning guitar again.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard, Kimberly! :slight_smile:

Good to hear that Justin’s teaching style seems to be a great fit for you. :smiley: It’s great you can retain the things you learn here, as they all build upon each other, but come in digestible chunks with a certain amount of repetition. Maybe that’s why it works so well for you and many others (including myself :-D)

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey! :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kim.

1 Like

Hi Kim and welcome to the forum.

Your comments resonate with me. I spent about 2 decades going round in ever decreasing circles until I found Justin and finally found a method that stuck. And that was the old courses 10 years ago. I am now reviewing the current grade system and can only say you have a super roadmap ahead of you for learning, you just need to stick with it. You have certainly found the right place.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is excellent news.
Having a great teacher that inspires you to practice is a very good thing.
Glad you found ‘here’ and for sure a warm welcome.
You’ll for sure find everyone that I’ve encountered here to be very positive and helpful.
Have a lot of fun Kim.

1 Like

Hey Kimberly, welcome to the forum. I was born and raised in Kansas a long time ago and have a daughter in law named Kimberly. If you are anything like her we’ll get along just fine!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Kim!

Hi Kim,
welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

And you’ve come to the right place, if there was ever a time to really learn and remember it well through the way it is taught on the internet then it is here at Justinguitar :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hello and welcome to our community Kimberley. :slight_smile:

It’s good to read that Justins teaching method is helping you to remember.

Hello Kim.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Hello Kimberly, welcome to the Community and god luck on your journey.

Kim, welcome to the community forum. I am happy to hear that you have found guitar lessons that work for you. Playing a little every day will help the lessons stick in your memory.

Hi Kimberly, welcome. Good you’re seeing progress using Justin Guitar lessons. Most people do but what it counts is that you’re seeing it. Have fun.