Greetings. Frank here

I am 70 and have just started my dream of learning to play guitar. Thanks already to Justin. I feel like you are talking directly to me. Aside, I downloaded the app but it doesn’t open. Just the Musario screen. Best to all on this fantastic journey!

8 Likes

Awesome welcome :guitar:

Hey Frank! Welcome to JG!

What phone do you have, might be worth deleting and re installing the app

1 Like

Welcome to the community Frank… enjoy the journey

1 Like

Hi Frank,
Welcome and good luck with sort things out and feel free to ask questions if you can’t figure it out and/or things don’t work properly, there is almost always someone with the right answer within a day. I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Frank, welcome! I wish you a good start into learning to play guitar. You’ve found the right place. This is a very supportive community, just ask if you need help.

1 Like

Hey Frank, welcome to the community. Enjoy the guitar journey.

1 Like

Welcome Frank,

Great to have on your journey have fun and keep us posted on your progress .
A

1 Like

Frank, Welcome to the community forum. You’ve found a great place to learn the guitar. Have fun playing songs.

1 Like

Welcome. I hope that you get the app sorted out. What someone already said to do is uninstall the app (I hold down my finger until a menu pops up with uninstall on the list on my non-Apple phone) and then reinstall by going to where you find apps (Google play for me) and reinstall. Probably a glitch when it was originally downloaded.

I have only been here a while but the folks here are obviously passionate about the guitar and are very supportive. Even their suggestions and corrections come across as kind.

Nice to meet you and glad to have you along for the journey!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Frank

1 Like

Welcome Frank, have fun with the App!

1 Like

Hi Frank, welcome. I also have the occasional problems getting the app to start. I have removed it and reloaded it several times. It works for a while and then causes problems. I have found tapping the screen ( touch screen tablet) several times sometimes get it to start. The slow starting is usually after they have updated the app with new songs. However the app is well worth the trouble to get it to run.

1 Like

Welcome Frank. There’s an Old Dog New Tricks thread somewhere on here where we older folks are also hanging out. Hopefully, I linked it correctly.

1 Like

Hi Frank welcome, enjoy your time with the guitar. I don’t use the app because my journey has been different but I think it can be very helpful for yours. Smart cell phones are little computers and restarting them once in a while can help with the performance. And yes you can try removing the app and reinstalling it again. Maybe you can restart the cell phone first and reinstall the app right after.

1 Like

Hi Frank, welcome to the community

Cate

1 Like

Welcome in the group Frank :exclamation: :champagne: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Frank. Enjoy the journey with lots of beginners joining you

1 Like

Well I have tried every trick I know and the app just will not open. I am on a Samsung S4 Tab and everything else I have ever tried opens no problem. Oh well. Free is good.

Thanks all. Enjoying the ride. Now have to get those 1 minute chord changes up to speed so I can start Module 2!

Frank

1 Like

Hello Frank. A warm welcome to JustinGuitar and the community. A fine place for old and young to embark on guitar and I’m sure you’ll find all you need.
I’m sorry to read of your issues with the App.
Please go here to report a bug and find a contact address for Musopia too.
Do not let it lie, you will get the help you need to get it working.
Cheers
Richard