Greetings from Emre in NYC!

Emre here! Originally from Turkey, living in NYC.

Normally, I’m not the type to post on any social media. I started learning guitar when I was in my early teens. Then I quit for some reason and never picked a guitar up for nearly 10 years. I was looking for a reason to get back and what better could that be when you turn into your 30s, right?

I’m a little afraid 30s would be too late to start this hobby from scratch but with this much diversity in the community, I’m encouraged.

I’ll try to share my journey as I go along. This time, hope it sticks!

Nice to meet y’all!

14 Likes

Emre

Welcome. I’m still a relative newcomer to Justin’s world. There’s lots of great advice here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Brian

2 Likes

Welcome! It’s never too late. I’m pushing 50 and finally giving it a real go.

2 Likes

Hi Emre ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

And

Oooo my goodness You clearly haven’t seen this thread yet :joy:Old dogs topic :smiley:…You are still a green leaf.I wish you a very long life with the guitar and a steep learning curve,

Greetings,Rogier

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Emre there are people here in their 60s and 70s learning so 30 is earlier than most.

2 Likes

Thank you, Rogier!

Read your story from your profile. What an inspiration you are!

Keep on fighting and have a great life.

3 Likes

Thank you Emre ,
That’s a very nice thing to say, and I really appreciate it :smiley:

Greetings

2 Likes

Welcome Emre,

Life has a habit of getting in the way but if you are restarting and in your 30s ? You’ll be fine.
I got my first guitar for my 40th. Working, had a family and just restarted a martial art career that eventually ran for over 2 decades in total. For 17 years I went round in circles on a start stop carrousel until I found Justin in late 2012. So I pretty much started from ground zero again around 55/56 years of age late 2013.

He’s treated me well and mainly all for free.

You have a good twenty years head start. Buckle down, crank it up and enjoy the ride.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Emre … If I’d have started playing at 32 … I’d have been playing for 20 years. That’s a long time to be loving music and guitars for … so never too late to start.

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Emre! :smiley:

It’s never too late to pick up a guitar (again), so enjoy the ride! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, Erme. Never too late, I’m 65 and started 18 months ago, having never picked up a guitar till then. I’m amazed at what I’ve accomplished. You’ll do fine! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Enre & Welcome!

Stick with Justin & it’ll stick this time around!!!
Ahhhhh… to be in my 30s again… you’ll be fine!!!

Tod from New Mexico

1 Like

Thank you Toby!

I love it when people change their lives for the good by trying different things.

Hope to talk to you all frequently!

Hi Emre, welcome to the community forum. This is a great time to start learning guitar. You can have many years of fun playing the guitar ahead of you.

1 Like

Grew up in NYC and was stationed in Turkey in Air Force. Izmir, Adana, Diyarbakir and a little Ankara.

Welcome Emre, wish you lots of fun in your journey, keep with us and you’ll get as much help as you want / need :slight_smile:

1 Like

As advice goes, this must surely rank alongside “Learn songs, learn songs, learn songs” :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Emre! 30 isn’t too late at all, lots of 50+ folk here, who started late in life and have lots of fun and fullfillment. Wish you a great time with your guitar playing!

1 Like

I was born and raised in Ankara. What a coincidence haha.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the immersion experience.

1 Like