Greetings from Emre in NYC!

Hi Emre ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

And

Oooo my goodness You clearly haven’t seen this thread yet :joy:Old dogs topic :smiley:…You are still a green leaf.I wish you a very long life with the guitar and a steep learning curve,

Greetings,Rogier

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Emre there are people here in their 60s and 70s learning so 30 is earlier than most.

2 Likes

Thank you, Rogier!

Read your story from your profile. What an inspiration you are!

Keep on fighting and have a great life.

3 Likes

Thank you Emre ,
That’s a very nice thing to say, and I really appreciate it :smiley:

Greetings

2 Likes

Welcome Emre,

Life has a habit of getting in the way but if you are restarting and in your 30s ? You’ll be fine.
I got my first guitar for my 40th. Working, had a family and just restarted a martial art career that eventually ran for over 2 decades in total. For 17 years I went round in circles on a start stop carrousel until I found Justin in late 2012. So I pretty much started from ground zero again around 55/56 years of age late 2013.

He’s treated me well and mainly all for free.

You have a good twenty years head start. Buckle down, crank it up and enjoy the ride.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Emre … If I’d have started playing at 32 … I’d have been playing for 20 years. That’s a long time to be loving music and guitars for … so never too late to start.

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Emre! :smiley:

It’s never too late to pick up a guitar (again), so enjoy the ride! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, Erme. Never too late, I’m 65 and started 18 months ago, having never picked up a guitar till then. I’m amazed at what I’ve accomplished. You’ll do fine! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Enre & Welcome!

Stick with Justin & it’ll stick this time around!!!
Ahhhhh… to be in my 30s again… you’ll be fine!!!

Tod from New Mexico

1 Like

Thank you Toby!

I love it when people change their lives for the good by trying different things.

Hope to talk to you all frequently!

Hi Emre, welcome to the community forum. This is a great time to start learning guitar. You can have many years of fun playing the guitar ahead of you.

1 Like

Grew up in NYC and was stationed in Turkey in Air Force. Izmir, Adana, Diyarbakir and a little Ankara.

Welcome Emre, wish you lots of fun in your journey, keep with us and you’ll get as much help as you want / need :slight_smile:

1 Like

As advice goes, this must surely rank alongside “Learn songs, learn songs, learn songs” :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Emre! 30 isn’t too late at all, lots of 50+ folk here, who started late in life and have lots of fun and fullfillment. Wish you a great time with your guitar playing!

1 Like

I was born and raised in Ankara. What a coincidence haha.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the immersion experience.

1 Like

Hi Emre
Welcome and nice to meet you :smiling_face:
This community is very helpful and supportive and you’re in a great place for learning with JustinGuitar :sunglasses: :+1: :sunflower:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Emre! 30 is young to start. :grin: I started at 60 and it has been a great ride. Enjoy!

1 Like

Hello Emre.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

1 Like