Greetings from frozen Minnesota

Hello all. I’m twice retired, once from my first career as a police officer in suburban Chicago, then from my second career as a professor of law enforcement and public administration at Minnesota State University.

So, at 67 years old, I decided to tackle something I always wanted to do, and learn guitar. Justin’s courses have been a god send. Now at age 72, I’d rate myself as a moderately competent 1960s garage-band rhythm guitarist. I don’t let anybody hear me play, but it passes a couple of hours every afternoon. I have two instruments: a Dean Zelinsky Tagliare (Stratocaster type) and a Taylor 114e acoustic/electric.

I expect to learn more from you folks and maybe contribute a little from time to time.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard Mark. :+1:

1 Like

Mankato? I grew up in Saint Peter and started playing at age 66. Made it to the clueless finger stylist stage and can actually play one song. I’m out on the East Coast now and enjoying retirement. Don’t forget, spring is comingAnd the Vikings have a new coach so things aren’t so bad. Good luck on your journey.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Mark. We all enjoy learning from each other, and of course Justin.

Would be wonderful if in time if you’d share some playing. We do love to share our music, both to receive feedback and encouragement as well as inspiring fellow learners.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Mark, it’s a good place to learn and share your music for critique and advice and encouragement, which all helps to keep the interest carrying on.
I’m 70, still learning, still having fun playing it keeps me sane at times :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks. I live in North Mankato, actually.

Welcome to the Community Mark :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Mark and welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Mark, good to hear from a fellow northerner. I’m also a late-timer, started playing 5 years ago (at 62). I’m in the Otsego/Elk River area. Started playing with a Martin a/e and love it. Now looking to go electric, maybe a Tele.

1 Like