Greetings from Jeremy in Canada

Hello from British Columbia Canada eh!

4 Likes

Hello Jeremy, and Welcome to the community :hugs:.
As Iā€™m a curious person, would you mind telling us a bit more about you and your guitar background :blush:? Have you just started your guitar journey or do you maybe have already some years of experience under your belt? Do you play an acoustic or electric? ā€¦?
No problem, if you donā€™t want to write more at the moment - as Iā€™ve said, Iā€™m just curious :innocent:.

1 Like

Hey Jeremy, welcome to the community. Nice to have someone from Canadia reporting in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community Jeremy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jeremy, welcome. In Ontario here.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Iā€™m in southern Alberta.
Hope the wild fire arenā€™t choking you out.

1 Like

Welcome, Jeremy! Enjoy the ride. This is an amazing community.

1 Like

Welcome Jeremy, you will have fun here.

1 Like

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the community. You have come to a great place.
:slight_smile:

Hello from Montreal - eh! :slight_smile: Welcome to the Community, and donā€™t hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance from Justinā€™s team.

1 Like

A bit more about myself?
Well, Iā€™m whatā€™s often called by Justin ā€˜an advancing beginner.ā€™ I have been playing off and on again since 2005. My skill level is somewhat complicated to explain because I tend to jump around to a lot more advanced things before I probably should, because itā€™s my learning style that works best for me and it tends to work to my advantage. I am grade 4 in the beginner course, confident with my barre chords now too; yay! lol
I have 5 guitars, 3 electric (fender strat, Gibson les Paul, and my first, a Mark 5), and 2 Accoustic (one of which is an electric Accoustic) one of my Accoustic guitars is a Fender, which is the electric and the other is a Yamaha.
Anything else I can fill you all in on? :slight_smile:
Sorry for the late response.

2 Likes

Hi Jermeny ,

And a late welcome from me, ā€¦ but you werenā€™t very busy here :smile: :wink:
It is good to read that you do follow the course from the beginning and continue with it, ā€¦ and looking past that can of course do no harm at all, ā€¦ as long as you donā€™t make it as much/crazy as I did :roll_eyes:,. ā€¦but my goal is/was something else with learning the guitar than just be good ( i hope that will happen some day ofcourse :smiley:),ā€¦so all the time that I didnā€™t spend ā€œusefullyā€ on getting better, I did have a great time and I have the time on my side :blush:
Do you now the section AVOYP?
Greetings,Rogier

Here @Jhopkins
https://community.justinguitar.com/c/audio-video-of-you-playing/213

1 Like

Canā€™t I say I know that section, no.

1 Like

Jeremy, welcome to the forum. I started on this site as an advancing beginner also. My barre chords are still a little iffy, so Iā€™m hanging out in Grade 3. It took me a while to know what everyone was talking about with AVOYP (A Video Of You Playing) :slight_smile: It is a section in the JG community forum where people learning on the Justin Guitar website post links to videos of them playing a song, both to share with all of us and get some feedback.

1 Like

Hey Steveā€¦
I got better with my barre chords by practicing with my acoustic guitar, because itā€™s more difficult to fret the notes, this improves your grip strength making it easier. Itā€™s something I discovered after I had been playing around with my acoustic half heartedly just for fun. It ended up improving me a lot to my surprise. Now I donā€™t struggle at all with barre chords lol.
When I switched over to my Fender strat I was amazed at how effortless it was to play the F chord haha.
Iā€™m also somewhere between grade 3 and 4, but because of rhythm and also my changes need improving. I am doing Justinā€™s new strumming course which is really helping a lot.

2 Likes

Hello Jeremy, from a fellow Canadian in Ontario, eh! :slight_smile:
Wishing you the best in your guitar journey,
Christina

1 Like

Thank you Christina! Same to you too!