Greetings from Sherwood, Oregon

Hello everyone. I’m Jim (also Murf) and I started my guitar journey last Christmas, when I got my first guitar. It’s a starter Fender accoustic, but seems to do the job for now. I’m 71, so I’m another old dog learning new tricks. I spent the first 3 months using the free lessons from Fender that came with the guitar, then switched to JustinGuitar in March. I’m using the app mostly, and like that I can adjust the speed, especially the first few times with a new song. I’m loving the challenges that come with this and feel great when I can really nail a chord. I’m looking forward to hanging and learning with you all.

Have a great holiday season, everybody.

Murf.

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum Murf (Jim)

Welcome to the community Murf! From another Oregonian. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the community Murf.

Sounds like you’ve made a solid start, and are well on your way. Keep sticking close to Justin’s tuition, and join in the community here. It can have a real positive influence on your guitar journey.

You may be very surprised at where you can be after just 12 months.

All the best.
Cheers, Shane

Hi Jim - Welcome! Good to have you here.
cheers
Paul

Hi Jim,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Hi Jim, welcome to the group. Have a lot of fun with your guitar exploring new tricks! The community is a great place to exchange information and to stay motivated. Greetings and a great holiday season!

Hey Murf –

As an ex-Oregonian (some 30 years ago!!), I welcome you to the community.

Enjoy the journey and listen to @sclay , he knows what he’s talking about!!

Jeremy

Welcome Jim, great to read ypu are learning songs. Hope to see you at a Community OM nrxt year. You can still sign up for an audience seat fpr January’OM.
Keep it fun … :wink:

Hello Murf, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:. I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey :guitar::smiley: and a wonderful holiday season :christmas_tree::snowman::snowflake:.

Hey Murf
Nice to meet you! Welcome to the community :smiley:
Have a great holiday season! :snowflake: :christmas_tree: :sunflower:

Hi Jim. Welcome to the Community. Happy Xmas and a Great Guitar 2024.

Hi Jim and welcome from another fellow Oregonian :wave:

I think you will find yourself in good company here. Enjoy your guitar journey!

Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing more from you

Welcome to the forum Murf. :wave:
Don’t forget to holler when ever you need help and advice, folks here will have your back !
:sunglasses:

Thanks to all of you for being so welcoming and positive. I hope I can follow in your footsteps. And I’ll be sure to reach out when I’m stuck (but not the Stuck 3-4 chords LOL).

Murf.

1 Like

Hi Jim (murf), Welcome to the Community from another “old dog” (68 years young).

Hello Jim and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Hi Jim, welcome. Good you’re enjoying every little success with the guitar, one leads to another and a new challenge comes. Playing a song at the lowest speed that the student can do it with a steady rhythm and gradually increasing it to the speed of the record pays off at the end by getting it right from the beginning with the strumming, the chords changes and the groove. Have fun.