Greetings from Steve in Auckland NZ

Been toiling away for about a year now and have got to the Blues module in Beginner course. First time learner with no musical background but needed a retirement pursuit. Promised not to beat myself up with lack of progress and continually remind myself of this commitment. Objective is to be “mildly competent “ (as defined by myself!) after 10 years.
Try to make 4 or 5 sessions of 1- 2 hours each week, interrupted by a bit of occasional travel.
Learning on a steel acoustic and resisting the temptation of a bass playing friend who promises an electric is much easier.
Will try the Theory course before too long.
Hoping this community will make the journey a little less lonely! :wink::guitar:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Steve

1 Like

Hey Steve welcome to the JG forum!

A few kiwis around these parts

Hello Steve & Welcome!!!

Remember that the GOAL may be “mildly competent” but the POINT is to keep it FUN!!!
Good luck!!!

Tod

I’m almost there after nearly 8 years (depending on how “mildly competent” is defined.) :grin:

Thank you @stitch

Cheers @RobDickinson

Nice reminder! Thanks @CATMAN62

Congratulations @markr31

Hi Steve and welcome. :wave:

Hi Steve and welcome! Lots of communicative people around here, so you’ll get lots of helpful advice, no need to stay “alone” during your journey!

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome aboard, Steve! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the welcome, @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Thanks, @Helen0609

Thank you, @roger_holland

Thanks @Lisa_S

1 Like

welcome to the forum Steve. Great to hear from a Kiwi. I’m lucky to be married to a kiwi and played my first ever open mic some 12 years ago at a cafe between Napier and Hastings. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the community Steve!

Thanks for the welcome, Tony. Where are you based?