Greetings from Steve in Auckland NZ

Nice reminder! Thanks @CATMAN62

Congratulations @markr31

Hi Steve and welcome. :wave:

Hi Steve and welcome! Lots of communicative people around here, so you’ll get lots of helpful advice, no need to stay “alone” during your journey!

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome aboard, Steve! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the welcome, @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Thanks, @Helen0609

Thank you, @roger_holland

Thanks @Lisa_S

1 Like

welcome to the forum Steve. Great to hear from a Kiwi. I’m lucky to be married to a kiwi and played my first ever open mic some 12 years ago at a cafe between Napier and Hastings. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the community Steve!

Thanks for the welcome, Tony. Where are you based?

Thanks Mark!

Rural country New South Wales. Northern Rivers area, just south of the border.

1 Like

Hi Steve, welcome to the community forum. Your friend is correct. I practice with both steel string acoustic and electric. If you practice 1 to 2 hours at a time then your fingertips will appreciate the break of playing on the thin electric guitar strings. Decent beginner level electric guitars and amps are relatively inexpensive so it doesn’t have to be a major financial decision. It depends on what you like to play and your personal tastes. The important thing is to have fun.

@SteveL_G99 - Perhaps a Christmas present to myself!!

1 Like

G’day Steve, great to have you here with us. I’ve been playing for 18 months and practice on both Acoustic and Electric. The Electric is definitely more forgiving but the Acoustic has been great for finger & hand strength and string muting which has benefitted playing on both instruments. Enjoy! :nerd_face::+1:

@Astrofire - thanks Dale. Some useful feedback there.

Hi Steve. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: