Greetings from Steve in Oz

Thanks for the warm welcome Shane :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Steve. Liked the lack of musical DNA, I must suffer from that as well as it takes me ages to get to grips with anything guitar related.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Coxy108 !

2 Likes

Hey Steve, welcome to the community, good to hear from yet another Aussie in the forums.

Congratulations on getting a Cole Clark. I had the chance to do the Cole Clark factory tour last year while in Melbourne. If you get to do it, you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Great to have you here with us Steve. I’m another Aussie but from Melbourne where it seems to be mostly cold and wet these day :confused: ….but at least there are lots of opportunities to practice! Enjoy that Cole Clark. They certainly are a beautiful instrument …and good luck on your guitar journey :+1:

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea of that. What a great piece of trivia

1 Like

Hi Steve and welcome. I’m over in Perth. Just wondering if you had checked out Maton guitars when you were looking for a new one. Beautiful guitars, but pricey. Haven’t got one myself yet, but maybe someday! Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Welcome to the Community! Learning guitar is fun and cool, isn’t it? :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Tony,
Yes, the tour is on my list of things to do next time I’m down that way - looks incredible.

2 Likes

Hi Andy,
I did see a few Maton’s on my rounds of the music stores. They are another beautifully crafted aussie product - but as you say, pretty pricey.
From what I understand, the guys who started Cole Clark used to work for Maton.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Steve. :slight_smile:

Now guitaring on your surfboard, that must be something to aim for. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome Steve!
getting stuck into the AVOYP early on is a tremendous thing to do. Nice one
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Cool - I didn’t even know there was a factory tour. I’ll have a look into it since I’m not far away.

3 Likes

It’s a great experience. They charge $35 for the tour and you get a tee shirt worth $35 at the end. I wear mine with pride.

2 Likes

Hijacking the thread - I have a Maton. Great guitars. @LievenDV also has one and Justin has a collection of them.

2 Likes

Welcome and kudos to you for posting. We are all here to learn and be better. Great job! Keep grinding on practice.

2 Likes

Thanks Chris.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

:rofl: :surfing_man: :guitar:

1 Like

Steve, welcome to the community. Sounds like you are on the right path. I know you will be playing in way that is worthy of your guitar soon. Have fun.

2 Likes