Guaranteed-Eddie Vedder

Hello! In my presentation I mentioned that I was trying to learn Guaranteed by Eddie Vedder, with inspiration from a guy in this community. Thank you for that! I got a minute over at work today and took my really crappie guitar and recorded were I am now in the process. A little to slow and sloppy, but thats life. If you have any tips and tricks to share you are welcome. Enjoy!

7 Likes

I see a trend here with Into the Wild soundtrack becoming contagious, same thing happened few months ago with Society where people infected each other with the need to learn it :smiley: I think I’m catching the bug again!

You played really well, I think for most of the part you kept the rhythm as per original so not really much to comment on except saying you did really good! Just wished to hear guitar a bit more that’s all :slight_smile: all the best!

2 Likes

That was most enjoyable, Lars, both your playing and singing. I certainly missed the ‘slow and sloppy’ part(s).

All I would suggest is to try and increase the volume of the recording a bit. It was quite soft, which is not a huge issue as I just turned up my laptop playback volume. The trick from past experience is to remember to turn it down again or one can suffer on the next playback :grin:

2 Likes

Really great singing and fingerstyle Lars. Well done, I enjoyed that.
My only comment might be to watch your posture. It may be the camera angle but it looked to me like you’re leaning back with the guitar. A more upright position will help your back in the long term and perhaps stop you looking at your fingers so much which can become a bad habit.

1 Like

Hi Lars,
Nice, :sunglasses: :clap:…i agree with all the good things what is saying :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Next time I won’t be so lazy with the setup. But I haven’t found out yet how I can use garageband for the audio in combination with video. Or if it is any other setups to easy get good sound quality in a video.

Thank you! I totally agree about my position. A time ago I bought a armchairs without armrests just to play guitar in. It is really comfy during late night jamsessions (alone while the family’s sleeping). But I guess the backside of it is me getting bad habits.

Thanks! Next time I promise a better sound quality.

1 Like

Thanks! Looking forward to here what the bug did to you.

That was great Lars nothing slow and sloppy about it, it was a lovely rendition. :smiley: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Very nicely played and sung Lars! Super stuff!

1 Like

Great stuff Lars, you’ve inspired me to look at this song. Society is a regular part of my repertoire, keep up the top work you are doing.

1 Like

Alrighty, that last post was not correct at all!! Lol. Anyways, only real thing is i couldn’t here that individual ring out of the strings. May very well just be the recording. But for finger picking style songa that would be what makes the song!! Well done!

Keep Rocking! Cheers and Peace out! :sunglasses: :fist_left::v:

1 Like

Thanks Tony!

1 Like

That was very nice!

1 Like

Great song choice, nicely played and sung! I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Super cool! You had that acoustic humming, Lars! Great stuff! :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for all the nice words about my performance, it means a lot. It definitely made me want to post a video again soon. I think I will go for Neil Young and his great song Cowgirl in the sand. I studied Justin’s lesson of that song a long time ago. Hopefully I remember some of it. Thanks again for you kindness!

1 Like

Lars, that’s was wonderful. Really well played and sung. For me you didn’t miss a beat. Bravo.

1 Like