?Guilty? Pleasures!

Never heard of Nightwish before… not sure I wanted to either… :thinking:

Tod

2 Likes

The Monkees are just legendary! :smiley: Like a lot of their tunes and also used to play them - should get back to this. :thinking:

Baseball itself is confusing, but I like watching and Major League will always be one of my favourite movies. Another (non-muscial) guilty pleasure though. :rofl:

1 Like

Fun fact that major league movie was filmed in a baseball stadium I spent most of my childhood watching games in and the main broadcaster Bob Ueker AKA harry doyle is a character in real life. I met him once and got his autograph when I was about 12. He still broadcasts now and does tv commercials. He has to be in his eighties by now.

1 Like

Guilty pleasure ? Ehmmmm ? As much like @DarrellW I like a little Floor and Nightwish, for me its Amy Lee and Evanescence. Southern Rock and 60s/70s rock is my go to but I can never get enough of Amy’s goosebumping vocals, its like ice running through my veins. Simples. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Rebecca @LunaRocket
First LP I bought
IMG_1101

Very fond memories of the TV programme and some of the music that came from it as very young teenager.
Got some LP’s somewhere, wonder if it is one them.
Probable not
Michael

1 Like

The few times I sort of saw Cricket, which has only been in movies, I just sat there wondering, what the heck is that all about?

Now soccer/football I understand. I can see why that is a worldwide sport.

I do like baseball though as I grew up with it, but it’s much more fun at the stadium. Can get rather boring on TV.

1 Like

Great album, I do have that. Turntables and LPs are still in boxes though. We moved into this still not quite finished house 18 months ago and unfortunately the TV room is the last room to be finished. But I still have the internet.

1 Like

Been following this thread, havin’ a bit of a laugh, wondering if I too will reveal my ‘secret’.
As a rugged, sport-lovin, girl-chasin teenager growing up on the east coast of Australia in the late 70s, early 80’s, I was into music like ACDC, Dire Straits, Midnight Oil, INXS, The Angels, KISS, Talking Heads etc.
But I had another band - and it was Boy George and his band, Culture Club. Some of my mates used to give me shit about it, but I didnt care.
They did make some great songs, and George was a terrific vocalist. I think his persona, and the fact he couldnt stop pumping heroin into his arm, had a big effect on his overall success back then. Still he has kicked on over the years, and had a pretty successful life across several areas.
I even remember buying a Culture Club T- shirt. Wore it to a local nightclub once ( was not quite 15 at the time, but that was how it was back then), and this grown man wanted to punch me out. :rofl:
Anyway, looking back, they were fun times, and my ears will still prick up today when I hear George crooning away on one of their big hits. And still today, I think he had one of the richest, soulful voices of his generation.
There ends my ‘confession’. :nerd_face::innocent:

Cheers, Shane

5 Likes

No shame in enjoying a bit of Culture Club (I would NOT have worn the T shirt though) Karma Chameleon!!! Loved that song!!! Anyone keeping George Michael / Wham! with the skeletons in their closet? If I did, I am not telling!!!

Tod

1 Like

When we last moved house, my wife was less than impressed. Everything was in boxes, the kitchen wasn’t set up and here I was unpacking my records and CDs and organising them into their correct genres. My argument was that I couldn’t start work without music.

1 Like

Be careful, slippery surface :joy:. I admit, that I heard Careless Whisper countless times in my teens. And I love the later albums of George Michael, he was an incredible singer.

2 Likes

My mainstay is indie/alternative/punk rock/90’s britpop, but I am partial to a bit of Sandy Shaw up loud.

:astonished: Surely Evanescence is never a guilty pleasure Toby? My Immortal is a stunning track. No, bring me to life in there?

1 Like

That was the best song they ever did Rebecca. Tell your brother to get over it. :smiley:

1 Like

Its on the list as are many others but I thought I’d already posted too many examples already !
:sunglasses:

No limit here Toby! Feel free to add to the list! I must admit that I didn’t understand what you meant by Floor windmilling till I watched the clip you added…

music definitely conveys emotions! That’s why I started this topic… one person’s joyful experience while someone else is feeling no joy at all… if we let others taste influence our own, our personal happiness can suffer! Like what YOU like!!!
Whew!!! Rant over!!!
Now, did I mention “Copacabana” by Barry Manilow? Love that song :notes:!!!

Tod

Get out! :rofl: :crazy_face:

That will have been @DarrellW but I did know what he meant, as my daughter brought Nightwish to my attention a good few years back. I am a sucker for stunning female vocals !
:sunglasses:

A quick hijack. Toby, check out London Grammar. Not rocky in anyway but Hannah has some of the most stunning vocals I have ever heard.

1 Like

Good call Stefan !

2 Likes