Guitar Challenge (Improv) - 12-Bar Blues in A (Justin Sandercoe backing track)

Welcome to the Guitar Challenges. Each ‘challenge’ is basically an open invitation to anyone and everyone to play a song, an improvisation, a study-piece etc and post a recording – just for the fun of it.

So, whether you are a relative beginner learning the basic chords and strumming pattern of a song, a more experienced player adding a little fancy fretwork, if you want to do a little finger-picking, or you want to sing and play at the same time … you can join in with these challenges.

Important:

• The challenge is to yourself.
  • These are not competition threads.
  • There are no prizes for making the ‘best’ recordings.
  • There is no shame for being at the beginner stages.
  • This is for FUN!

:slight_smile:

If you do want some constructive advice and feedback on your playing then that is cool. Just ask. Otherwise this is all about positivity, encouragement and having a go.

This challenge is all about playing some improvisation over Justin’s 12 bar blues backing track in A.
The Backing Track is here:
https://soundcloud.com/justinguitar/a-12-bar-blues-backing-track-justinguitar-com

These first posts are collected from the original Forum and were posted between June 2009 to November 2018.

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u June 25 2009

@gareth51 June 25 2009

@agordon July 09 2009

@marcusmarkmus November 27 2009

@AM July 05 2011

@Tourniquet July 07 2011

@roadster32 July 11 2011

@the_gullwing July 12 2011

@robig July 17c2011

@Loco July 17 2011

@andyto2 July 26 2011

@JoaoAndre001 August 02 2011

@marcusmarkmus August 28 2011

@gareth51 January 15 2012

@artonsafari February 06 2012

@Gi11es February 24 2013

@MaxHallden January 19 2014

@ilfornaio December 03 2014

@antwilk1981

@deadeye-ag December 30 2014

@DavidP November 11 2018

1 Like

@Richard_close2u

Goodness me, Richard, you are putting in an unbelievable effort to migrate content from the Forum. I can’t imagine the hours it must be taken to sift through a topic and create the consolidated postings of the legacy.

Showering you with :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: just doesn’t show enough appreciation.

1 Like

Thanks @DavidP

I have just migrated another topic from the old forum …

It is particularly relevant to this chaallenge, offering supplementary guidance and support on learning and using blues licks to play lead improvisation: First Steps in Blues Improvisation using Minor Pentatonic Scale Pattern 1

It would be great to see a little revival of interest and activity in this topic.

1 Like

@Richard_close2u
Yup, I saw that, Richard. A supplementary to Justin’s Blues Lead course. I shall get back to focus on blues lead as opposed to just lead/improv in due course.

Consider it revived. I’ll definitely give it a go as part of my Grade 2 Consolidation. I was wondering with the backing tracks can you upload these onto loopers like the Boss RC-500? I enjoy the Trio Plus but like the idea of being able to download and save a backing track to a looper, if possible. If so I presume the output can be connected to an audio interface to record the performance?