Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

Hi @Geoff like that lick alot

really like the Guitar

What is it looks like a travel guitar of some kind

Dab

1 Like

This is a “Batking” headless travel guitar with brass bridge according to the Amazon blurb. It’s a very nice neck if a little chunky. A very hot pickup, use volume control to tame. With a coil split. The strap buttons are oddly placed and the bridge tuners could be geared to give a better ratio, but tuning stability OK till the strap moves the tuners… You get 30 days to decide to keep from Amazon. I kept this one.ed
ed
Stainless steel frets else I might have gone for the “Anygig”. There are a few options. I use with tabletop amp. Take to parents and in-laws. I have h eadphones and a headphone amp for that…

1 Like

@GeoffMolyneux Love both your riff & even more so the lick :blush:

I’m inspired by both this thread and Justin’s Guitar Club Blues session last night to learn a few simple licks myself just to satisfy @roger_holland original purpose for this thread :grin:

2 Likes

Saw that Club Session too late. So thinking as missed the first session, joining might be better to await a repeat. Signed up for the old timers…

1 Like

They’ll be uploading a recording of the whole class in a few days if you’d like to watch it then.

1 Like

In an attempt to regain Rogier’s favor, here’s one of my initial attempts at playing the intro solo lick of B.B. King’s - The Thrill is Gone (only first part of it):

Learning it from Justin’s song lesson here.

16 Likes

I’ve been out of the loop for a little while, so I am very late to the party here on this fun thread that Rogier created.
So many great licks and riffs here that I only got about halfway through before I felt the urge to make some sort of contribution myself since I’ve been pretty lazy the last couple of months.
Reading the discussions above about licks vs. riffs was interesting… so the first little piece has a lick or two in it, but the second piece probably doesn’t? I dunno, I just enjoy playing those.

14 Likes

Hi Sandro,
The first one It is also not a lick but a lot of licks together :grin:, and we call that a solo :see_no_evil: and this solo was Layla’s intro solo, :smile:
Well played and that 2nd piece deserves a whole song :sunglasses:
Greetings

4 Likes

I am too late to your party Rogier. But i could not let this go… so here is my contribution :grin:

13 Likes

Just to be clear… there is NO ‘too late’ for the challenges :smiley: :sunglasses:… if nothing has ever been posted for 1 year, then it is still the intention if you have a itch for your contribution… in any challenge in the community… to post,and again and again … :smiley:

Nice Trond and greetings :wave:

3 Likes

Good to see @Dro_1 and @tRONd making a contribution, well done to you both.

And so the debate continues. Is it a lick is it a riff ? Is it a lick is it a solo ? Good to see so much clarity on the subject :rofl: But hey if it sounds good :+1:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

This topic has slowed down too much. :wink:

I don’t have a social media account, so google drive will need to do. Let’s see if this link works like I expect. Oh, and this is my first video post, so if it is not right in some way, let me know.

My kind of song - you learn this short riff and you know the whole song!

15 Likes

Your share worked perfectly, Michael, no need to have social media accounts if you prefer not to.

Such a great riff, loved the tone.

1 Like

Er is een fout opgetreden. Probeer het later opnieuw.

This ^^^ is the only thing I see

Works fine for me. Enjoyed it!

1 Like

Hi Rogier,

That translates to one of those annoying ‘tells me nothing’ errors. Did you try later like it suggested?

Only information I have found is that some things are restricted due to a bad .htaccess file (like for Wordpress) but that seems unlikely. Only thing I can think of is maybe you or your country is using a proxy and that is not configured correctly.

This is kind of a bummer since it is your post! I hope it works on another try. If not, I’ll see if I can dig a little more.

Thanks @DavidP

I was diving into the rabbit hole of the new Line 6 Helix firmware that was dropped Thursday. the model is a Line 6 custom amp (Aristocrat) and they seem to have learned that folks like the feedback they put into a Grammatico model last firmware. I didn’t even miss the slight spring reverb I usually apply.
Guitar I bought about 4 weeks ago and I see Sweetwater just dropped the price for Black Friday sales - :frowning: It has its own internal reverb that I suspect is due to the hollow chambers above and below the strings/bridge. I can get all kinds of appealing sounds out of it!

Sounding good Michael and you broke your guitar just like @roger_holland broke his. Shame he can’t see it. BTW only joshing, I like those headless chickens. :wink:

1 Like

I feel excluded

But … Luctor et Emergo :joy:

EDIT:
And the solution turns out to be: I can’t open it in my standard browser even after adjustments, but I “specifically” used another browser and I know what you’re talking about now … Nice lick :sweat_smile: and YES Toby … nice guitar :sunglasses:

So I can sleep now in all peace :smile:

2 Likes

It works fine on my side of the border, so it should be ok on your side too :slight_smile: