Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

James :smile:

I’m trying not to completely fill this thread with my chatter, but I still want to say… that’s exactly what I actually wanted to do that first and my wife also said 2 days ago "you do have that pvwieeuw pvwieeew post first did you? " :roll_eyes:

Just like I actually want to post this new one there too, but I don’t want to post too many licks there after each other …someone else first now, or it must take more than a week before someone posts there :blush:

(and no Justin here to kick my bu… :sweat_smile:)

Greetings :sunglasses:

1 Like

Justin might just say thats pretty cool, now let’s see you fit that into a 12 bar blues :thinking:

1 Like

@roger_holland why did you stop you had a good motif going on, you could have expanded it for another 3 minute.

2 Likes

Hi Rick,
Thank you and that’s a big compliment :smiley:, well and the reason is as simple as it’s stupid now that you say it like that . I was only thinking about posting it in this topic when I started this afternoon :grimacing:… and I thought I had already made a long piece of it compare to the rest , but that was of course very conscious…

Greetings

Sounding good Rogier, cool licks.

1 Like

Hey Rogier! That’s one amazing piece you played there :heart_eyes:

I’ve been quite lazy myself when it comes to recordings, so thanks for giving me the inspiration to get one done. Here’s what I’ve been working on learning lately from the Intro of Sweet Home Chicago by Eric Clapton. So many amazing licks and phrases in this song! I’m only playing at 80% of the song speed, but I’m loving learning this one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@MacOneill and @Mari63 Thanks for listening and a comment :sunglasses:
@firasR thanks and

yes that is true…but you have used your time very well, what progress you have made…incredible :sunglasses: :clap:

Greetings All

2 Likes

Well I’ve come late to this having lost my mojo for a year or so. I’ve thought long and hard but in the end I must be duty bound to do a Rory Gallagher lick/riff. So here’s my attempt at the intro from What’s Going On from his Taste days:

7 Likes

Looks like you found your mojo and it’s back with a vengeance Peter :metal:
That was a great comeback riff :heart_eyes:

Nicely played Rogier.
Is that from Jules Guitar? He has some great licks.

1 Like

@firasR that’s sounding good! I’ve got Sweet Home Chicago by both RJ and EC on my current daily playlist, so I know you’re sounding like EC! Keep at it, you’ll be at 100% soon.

2 Likes

@rorystrat That’s some pretty fancy playing there, Peter, nice!!

1 Like

Hi Firas, you made great progress within the last months, unbelieveable, congrats! I like your tone very much. Which setup did you use? Was it the Fender GTX 100? Sounds good!

2 Likes

Dave ,

Thank you thank you thank you

Greetings

Really beautiful, @roger_holland . It’s amazing what one “simple” lick can do when played over different chords and with small variations.

1 Like

@Mari63 thanks a lot Mari :blush: It’s part of my daily practice routine. I love Eric Clapton’s covers of some of the classic blues songs.

@Helen0609 thanks so much Andrea :blush: I’m really happy with how the tone turned out. Yes I’m still using the Fender GTX100 and really loving it. Amazing tones and extremely flexible. Still learning the ins and outs of it. Been experimenting with its simulated pedals lately. Made my own preset with a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb amp model and an EQ pedal, tubescreamer overdrive and spring reverb if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I remember you bought one. I currently have a Blackstar ID Core V20, nice amp, but no input for pedals, loopers, etc. So, at a point, I plan to upgrade, and the Fender is one of the favourites (I need some good blues tones), but not sure, if the new Katana might be a better choice. Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Unfortunately while I can’t compare the two myself (I only very briefly tried the 2nd gen Katana in the store) but I do love my Fender amp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve gotten amazing tones out of it not only with my Fender Strat but also with my humbucker guitars using other amp models as well which also sound great (Marshalls, Orange & Vox). The only external pedals I use it with it are a tuner pedal and looper (but I do use the included footswitch all the time). All the other effects pedals I use are built-in to the amp and I’m still discovering and trying new ones (experimenting with a fuzz pedal today for that second solo in Sweet Home Chicago :grin:).

I’m hoping to post another AVOYP of me playing all the Thrill is Gone solos together with some rhythm in between on my PRS SE Hollowbody II. If you’d like, I can tag you so you can have a listen to that one as well (might be a few weeks though as I’m traveling soon) :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll watch this place!

1 Like

Watch the topic title …short lick (oke I make a long one ), but the man wants to play half a song :joy::sunglasses:

I’m also looking forward to it Andrea :blush: good luck Firas and have fun I will find your AVOYP
don’t put it away in your LL ,because than there is a risk I miss it,

Greetings

2 Likes