Guitar Challenge (Songs) - Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Bob Dylan / Guns n Roses)

Welcome to the Guitar Challenges. Each ‘challenge’ is basically an open invitation to anyone and everyone to play a song, an improvisation, a study-piece etc and post a recording – just for the fun of it.

So, whether you are a relative beginner learning the basic chords and strumming pattern of a song, a more experienced player adding a little fancy fretwork, if you want to do a little finger-picking, or you want to sing and play at the same time … you can join in with these challenges.

Important:

• The challenge is to yourself.
  • These are not competition threads.
  • There are no prizes for making the ‘best’ recordings.
  • There is no shame for being at the beginner stages.
  • This is for FUN!

:slight_smile:

If you do want some constructive advice and feedback on your playing then that is cool. Just ask. Otherwise this is all about positivity, encouragement and having a go.

These first posts are collected from the original Forum and were posted between April 2009 and September 2020.

1 Like

@Deathgod April 03, 2009

@DeadlyChicken April 08, 2009

@agordon April 09, 2009

@Richard_close2u April 09, 2009

@Tigger April 15, 2009

@sad-fingers July 05, 2009

@Richard_close2u October 08, 2009

@marcusmarkmus November 28, 2009

@Tourniquet November 28, 2009,

@DavidP July 05, 2020

@CT posted July 08, 2020

@sairfingers July 12, 2020

@danman83 August 05, 2020

@RodC August 30, 2020

@J.W.C September 08, 2020,

See post #22 below

@ToshS September 14, 2020

That is all of the posts migrated from the original Forum.

@DavidP and @CT and @RodC and @ToshS … I have taken the liberty of migrating your posts. You may prefer to have them under your own name as your own post. if so, go ahead and post with your link etc. and I will amend the collated post accordingly.

It will be great to see continuing posts within our new Community.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see these brought over Richard. Sterling works as ever ! Never quite got drawn to the Challenges. Maybe time for a change ? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I posted a version some time back in time: April 2009.

1 Like

Happy with things as they are Richard. I enjoyed listening to myself. :joy: I think I could do a better job of it now although it seems like yesterday I posted it!

1 Like

My rendition, recorded in September of 2020.

Knocking on Heaven’s Door (Dropbox/WAV)

Acoustic guitar, vocal, drums, and bass.

@Richard_close2u Quite happy to have my version where you included it, Richard.

Not sure if it is appropriate to post a collaboration here … it was a challenge. If not appropriate please delete the post.

Otherwise, @mari and I produced this version: Knocking On Heaven's Door - YouTube

1 Like

That was a fun project. I’ll have to revisit it one day, definitely improve that first solo, and learn the 2nd one!

1 Like