Guitar Challenges (Songs) - Is There Anybody Out There? (Pink Floyd)

@Jozsef I feel personally invested in this ‘challenge’. For years this tune was my go to finger warmer upper and I must have played it hundreds of times, perhaps not always accurately and well!
You have all the ingredients and just need to serve up a tasty meal with some careful chef work.
Two things to commend you on. One or two small errors in the picking pattern did not cause you to stop. On the occasions when you did have to stop, you took your time and got the focus to pick up again. You played without looking - wow and goodness.
Work on seamlessly connecting the transitions. Slow things down so that you eliminate the pauses. I would suggest you do open your eyes and look for the sections which take you away from open position. They are so important and playing them correctly is far more important than a desire to try to play without looking.
Good stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow Jozsef, that was cool :sunglasses:
I was mesmerized wondering whether you were the epitome of concentration or zen at-one-ness with your guitar (I have the same one :smiley:)
As for the piece- it’s sublime and you are on the right path to doing it proper justice. Keep at it and share the progress.
(My only nit: when discussing volume levels, I wish you and @DavidP would stick to the universally accepted scale of 1-11 :wink:)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Actually, this eye closing schtick was a relatively late addition to this song, kind of showing off :innocent: But it brought to mind this lesson: Feeling the Frets and I tried to rely on my ears when doing the slides.

Well, I’m at a stage where I have to warm up to play this song, but maybe eventually it will become a warm-up routine for me too.

I’ll definitely keep on working on it with my eyes open. There are some small sections where the tab seems a bit simplified compared to the original, e.g. before the change to the first C chord. Or maybe the tempo is what makes the difference. At first I thought that some notes played on the D string in the first and last section were also missing from the tab, then I realized that I just needed to play them with a little stronger attack. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At times I’m the polar opposite of zen, but I try my best to keep my cool when playing :slight_smile: