Guitar corner in my home - ideas?

I think this one looks really great, later this day I am gonna check Ikea how much does it cost and I will think about if its good for me or not. Thanks for tip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks pretty good but I am pretty scared that my planned decorations would disappear in this wall paint. I am thinking about painting one whole side of wall by one color, so it make nice divide in corner, but I am not that sure yet.

Last year I did my first ever paintjob like this and I think it ended up well (dont mind wet spots please, color was not fully dry when I was taking photo)
But I think for the corner I will go for some darker color and without any motive, because I got on this side TV and shelves that I dont wanna ā€œlostā€. :slight_smile:

It really depends what you want your electric guitars to sound like.

That fender will work very well with acoustic guitars using piezo pickups, to sound like acoustic guitars with some chorus etc (it also looks like its setup for a mic too).

Not so much for electric guitars though, so I wouldnt say dont buy it if thats what you are after, but its not going to get you playing rock, blues or metal etc.

1 Like

I did not find any informations on internet yetā€¦ I just saw in some topic, that Fender 15 is good for starters price/power. Can you shortly tell me why it wont work with electric guitar? I thought there is same plug for acoustic and electric guitar and that AMP works just like big speaker for instrument. I checked that Fender and it looks like it has ā€œonlyā€ chorusā€¦ no loop and so on effects. Soā€¦ that is not enough? Is there any parameter that is really ā€œmust haveā€? :slight_smile:

Itā€™ll work just perhaps not very well and wont do anything other than a clean tone - which kinda misses most of the point of an electric guitar.

You can always put pedals in the chain before the amp but that depends on what you want.

Iā€™m not saying this is a bad amp but its intended purpose is quite focused in one area

1 Like

Thank you. I have time so I am gonna check some reviews and maybe I will pick something moreā€¦ universal. I will see. I think that biggest priority for me now is price/power. I dont wanna put more than 150 dollars. For now. :slight_smile:

Guitar amps are rarely too quiet

1 Like

I made here a little amateur photoshop about how I imagine it. But I am still not that sure. :smiley:
What do you think?

Or I could use this white table. I got it in corner with no use.

New website, Justinā€™s interior design?

Just look at the pics of other peoples setups and do your own thing.

1 Like

Is that humidity at the bottom of your wall along the length?

If youā€™re looking for opinions, I donā€™t like the rug over the carpet. One or the other.
Thatā€™s how I would approach this. Tight fit but you get the idea I hope.
Also, you donā€™t have a socket on that wall. Youā€™re going to need some for the amp, pc, speakers etc.

But thatā€™s just me.
If youā€™re not looking for opinions, do your own thing. :wink:

No no, its just fresh paint. I took photo too early. :slight_smile:

Thanks for drawing. It is really nice idea. I will check how much would it cost for corner furniture. :slight_smile: I will put here some extension cord under the rug. :slight_smile:

I am not sure how much room for furniture there will be.

Here is a picture of my corner (we moved, so it isnā€™t as nice as my old corner). The space is pretty full, without an amp.

2 Likes

I went home and immadiately started building with things I got spare at home, so I think its on good way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks great! Needs more guitarsā€¦

3 Likes

Thanksā€¦ I need more time to learn something so I can really try guitar and say by myself if its good or not for me. I got my eye on Yamaha APX600. :slight_smile:

I get it. I went through a streak of buying guitars early on because, well, guitars are cool.

Finally, I realized that I better learn how to play the dang thing before I worry too much about the nuance.

So, I hold my GAS in checkā€¦for now.

2 Likes

Get a comfortable chair, sit in it and learn to play your guitar. Donā€™t waste time thinking about your ā€˜guitar cornerā€™. It will develop as you do. :smiley:

4 Likes