Guitar Rig vs what other software?

I wonder if I should buy Guitar rig when I am still trying to learn my stand-alone multi effect !
Does guitar rig worth it?
What other software?

I bought Bias FX2, works OK

1 Like

Check out S-Gear by Scuffham Amps. In a league of its own in my opinion. There’s a 10 day fully functional trial to take it for a drive.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

@sclay You gave me the interest to try it.

For effects, I wouldn’t go exploring too much unless you are dissatisfied with your current setup for some reason. It’s a rabbit hole and there’s always going to be something new and shiny which promises to somehow be “better” than what you currently have.

As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

However, if you want something PC based and want a bunch of useful practice tools, I’ve used ToneLib GFX and find it quite useful.

As well as FX and amp modelling it has a backing track player, rhythm player and looper, making it a very useful tool for practice and experimentation.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Keith, will Tonelib work with the latest version of Mint (21) it’s supposed to be based on Ubuntu 22.04 I think?

It works for me on KDE Neon, which is Ubuntu based, although it’s Ubuntu 20.04.

My suggestion is you download the free trial and try it out.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

OK I went for it and now am using it. Hopefully I will get the most of it

Thanks

Now while I use it I noticed I need to disconnect my boss me-80 and connect directly to audio interface to be able to use the effect . Do you know any way I can by pass the mult effect me-80 without the need to disconnect it from it and reconnect directly to audio interface?

You’ll need to describe your setup a bit more for me to know.

If the output of the ME-80 is connected to the input of the audio interface then it should work. You should just be able to disable all the effects and switch the Preamp to clean. I don’t there’s a bypass on the ME-80.

You can also connect the USB on the ME-80 to use that to record directly into the PC without using a separate audio interface.

But without knowing how you have your ME-80 set up, and what it’s connected to, it’s difficult to say.

Cheers,

Keith

That’s the spirit. If you take the time to ask, you may as well pull the trigger on it. It’s just guitar gear, and guitar gear is fun. We all want more fun. Keep us posted.

Especially as it’s free to try out. And, aside from the modelling stuff, it has some interesting and useful practice tools included.

Cheers,

Keith

I did not even try I just went ahead and paid . I trust you :slight_smile: and I like it . It comes in handy. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Would love to know what you think of it, especially the practice tools.

I originally used to use this on my PC at home in the UK, and I had kind of forgot about it over the last several months, but I’ve just installed it on my laptop so I can play with it over here.

It’s got some nice features. I like the way you can record a short loop to audition various presets against.

But I also forgot it has a nice drum rhythm player, an backing track player, an ideas recorder, and a decent looper (although it’s not so easy to use without a footswitch).

If you haven’t tried some of these out, I recommend you do.

Cheers,

Keith

Well, I want to hear as many premade effects by different softwares and this one also has a large database of users creating effects ( not easy to navigate and find things but still ok ) the idea recording functionality gives me easy access to a record if I accidentally make some nice music ( ofcourse I can use audacity but good I do not have to launch another software while working ) It is not a very special piece of software but good to have it installed. Cheaper also . If I bought guitar rig or something else I might have had a lot more effects and options but better to concentrate on my stand-alone multi-effect and just for a change use a software on my PC.

1 Like