Guitars with more than one neck

Most of you know that there are Guitars with more than one neck, the most commonly known one being the Gibson SG 12/6 as used by Jimmy Page and a few others, but there are ones such as Harp guitars (which are usually Acoustic) and others.
I came across this one after watching the one that Steve Vai is using, this is taking it to another level especially when you find out when it was made! It’s a great video presentation of it because you see its maker and it being used by the person who commissioned it.
Enjoy… and think about trying to play it :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

I was just searching for Kannon or Avalokiteśvara !
As Max Bygraves sung “You need hands …”
:rofl:

1 Like

Makes me think of unique instruments which, God only knows why, never really caught on. Like these ones:

1 Like

An old animated multineck :smiley:

1 Like

I’m surprised @brianlarsen didn’t throw in a Father Ted reference and say they are just very very small musicians :rofl:

1 Like

Cast the jib cap’n ! And its cooking diner underneath. Nice bit of CGI :sunglasses:

That’s cheating :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That was pretty cool stuff and it sounded really good when he played it.

I wonder if he found a gig bag for it?

1 Like

That Medusa story is really interesting Darrell, thanks for the share. Incredible to have taken the “cartoon” picture to a reality!! The diversity of sounds on it are amazing! And that’s some skill Mr Andersen has there.

Just on the topic of the Steve Vai Hydra video, if you’re interested there’s a cool interview with him about the guitar and the song on the Music is Win channel, quite long but very interesting.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Darrell.

@TheCluelessLuthier there’s a clued up luthier for you, Mark.

1 Like

Wow! That may have to wait until my 4th guitar. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Or will that be the 4th 5th and 6th combined ??

That would increase my build count! :wink:

1 Like