Gustavo Santaolalla: The Last Of Us - The choice guitar cover

Hey everyone,
So I’m currrently working on my ability to play by ear and this is one I’ve worked out for the most part by myself. It’s a very slow piece and a bit different to what most of us would normally listen to but it’s full of emotion so I hope you’ll like it. Gustavo Santaolalla was also the person who inspired me to pick up the guitar so there’s that :grin:.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I really liked it, I’m big fan of video games cover songs in general. I understand that this is you own interpretation of the piece, I was curious and looked for the theme song but it was somewhat different. Regardless, great effort.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed and I’m a big fan of video game and movie soundtracks as well.

I found the original piece, I think you got pretty close, without any effects that is. I wonder if you have any more similar tracks in your sleeve :).

1 Like

Feels almost like playing the game again, man if you waited for a few months and posted it when tv show comes out finally you would get a few thousand views at least :grinning: as for the recording great effort, it definitely sounded like I remembered it. Good effort to step up your ear training, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the one I’ve covered. I’m learning the main theme as well but it’s a bit more of a challenge. :sweat_smile:

Thanks man,
glad you liked it. I’m pretty stoked for the TV show! :grin:

1 Like

SOunded good, Ruben. Congrats on both the playing and the transcribing!

1 Like

Nice job, keep it up!
LB

1 Like

I listened to the original to understand what you had accomplished. You’ve done a pretty faithful version as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Man, this takes me back in time! Loved that first game, really investing storyline and environment.
I really enjoyed your piece, the timing was pretty perfect and I thought the sound of the fingers moving around the strings added a lot as well.

1 Like

I am unfamiliar with the song (or the movie and game), but it sounds like you captured the essence of the original.

1 Like

A lovely bit of playing there Ruben.

1 Like