Had the pleasure of seeing our own Batwoman perform at local open mic

Thatā€™s fantastic guys! That just epitomizes what being part of a community is all about.

2 Likes

We are working on performing together, first rehearsal next week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry no video, got caught up in the moment

2 Likes

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. You all rock!

1 Like

@tony so very generous of you. Your performance was so assured, you were fully present with an engaging chat that I could see drew the audience in. Your experience with public speaking shows. Iā€™m full of admiration for how beautifully you perform and play, no fumbles or muck ups. I was joyous to hear you and to see you again. Itā€™s going to be a real treat for me to sing with you at the next OM.

@jkahn there were videos taken, Iā€™m not chasing them up :crazy_face:

@LievenDV both our guitars are custom made by our wonderful luthier Pete Walcott of Walcott Guitars.

@Richard_close2u it was such a thrill to see them again, though itā€™s so loud that conversation is a tad difficult.

@Socio @SgtColon @Richard_close2u thatā€™s happening on Monday when we prepare for the next OM.

@Mari63 I was feeling like a deer caught in the headlights, still full of post playing adrenaline.

I like to do a review after an OM. The top score is 10

Turning up 11
Playing 3 songs 11 (first time ever, I usually only manage 1)
Better control of nerves 8
Talking to the audience 9 (for a person as shy as I am this is big)
Connecting with the audience 8 (I could see and feel this)
Continuing with the vocal despite playing the wrong chords, missing chords and making mayhem with my songs eg repeating a verse in Blue-Sky 8
Guitar playing 3.5
Singing 5 I was disappointed with my singing. There wasnā€™t enough of the character of the songs, nor did I use the techniques Iā€™ve learned as well as I could have. I must be sure I can hear myself before I start. Some of my pitch was :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Oh come on now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@jkahn nah :laughing: I donā€™t have them and canā€™t really remember who it was that said they had them.

1 Like

@batwoman
I do love how your scoring out of 10 has turning up and playing 3 songs above the maximum rating :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Personally I would give at least a 20 on each of the items on your list.

I think you have really underestimated your guitar playingā€¦ Iā€™ve heard you play and you are definitely no where near a 3.5 as that is where I amā€¦ If your a 3.5 then Iā€™m on negative figures :cold_sweat:

I look forward very much to not only seeing a picture of you and @tony performing together at a live OM but a video as that is a JG community milestone.

3 Likes

This post is just so full of good vibes. What a fantastic experience!

2 Likes

Maggie that was a great way of reviewing your own performance, and the fact that you gave yourself two 11s means your total score was at least 22 out of 10 whicb clearly means it went superb :grinning: very happy for you Mags and great you could have shared the evening with a friend such as Tony.

2 Likes

@Socio aaah James you werenā€™t there. Thatā€™s the problem nor was I at times :rofl:

@adi_mrok nice mathematics Adi! I used to nit pick every single flaw in anything I did and that was harming me and demotivating me. Iā€™m now a lot more rational and make a point of identifying my achievements as well as the things I know I can improve on.

2 Likes

The difference in your stage persona is outstanding since your change of attitude which is what has made me so excited about your performance. Neither of what you or I played on the night was perfect, yet it was really awesome! We made music. How cool is that?

4 Likes