Happy Birthday FingerStyle

Hi all,

Been on the finger style module in Grade 2 for almost 2 weeks now. Throughout that time happy birthday has been eluding me. Its one of the big mile markers for me to move on so I’ve been determined to try and get it. Finally today it clicked and I was able to finish it.

Here’s me playing, feedback is always welcome!

8 Likes

Bravo Alexis I saw few of your posts having some troubles with learning the piece but with persistence and determination you pretty much nailed it! Sounded really good it was one of my first fingerstyle songs as well and it is really satisfying being able to play it :wink: more will come I am sure this is a big milestone and you should be proud! All the best

1 Like

Thanks Adrian! It’s definitely satisfying to finally getting something right after working so hard at at it. I didn’t get into guitar to play finger style, but after dabbling with it in this module I’ll def get back into one day.

1 Like

Really good Alexis. Funny, I didn’t get into guitar to play fingerstyle either, but after doing a bit of it I love it. It’s one of those techniques that are really fun to play.

1 Like

Many happy returns, Alexis :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You did great and shows that with deliberate persistent practice one can master what initially seems beyond us.

1 Like

Congratulations Alexis, this is quite an achievement. Lovely tones too.

1 Like

Hi Alexis,
Congratulations :partying_face:, this is a really nice milestone, it took me quite a long time before I could play it well… that was very frustrating… Keep coming back to this, it will bring you a lot of fun,and the techniques you learn can be applied in any style of music … Keep it up, you’re going gooood :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Very nicely done Alexis. That was a lovely bit of fingerstyle.

1 Like

Great stuff Alexis, it took me a while too but actually really satisfying. Similar to @jkahn I didn’t really think of fingerstyle as my kind of thing but the more I play with it the more I enjoy it.

1 Like

Good job and reminds me I should try to pick this one up for them special occasions! Nicely played and well done. Maybe as you gain confidence, you play it through a couple times so it is not so short.

All the best,
LB

Good job Alexis. Well played.