Happy Improv With Backing Track

Super cool and laid back groove. A joy to listen to Roger​:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hey Rogier, it’s nice to hear from you :hugs: and listen to your very beatiful recording! I would define it “very catchy” to the ear, I really enjoyed it! It seems so difficult stuff to me but you play smoothly and effortlessy…bravo davvero!

Try to be indulgent to yourself, bad habits are tough to break…bad news: I have so many :roll_eyes:

That’s the best practice I think, because for a very short time you can be very focussed and do correctly…and it matters that you’ve been consistent each day!

1 Like

Hey Roger,

Love this laid back soul blues sound.
Lots of nice little movements, repeating motifs, and tasty licks. Good stuff.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

That’s learning, though right? We look back on our old stuff and cringe… it means you’ve got a better sense of timing now :smiley:

I know @brianlarsen wants to be tagged when he’s talked about :rofl:

4 Likes

Very nice Rogier, It would be nicer if your Guitar volume was a little louder over the backing, but a very nice mellow groove. Likes it a lot. :slight_smile:

:guitar:

R

1 Like

Whooo lawd! Yes, I hear BB King! Yassssss, play it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Ian @MadModMcd
Thank you a very nice to hear … :sunglasses:
happy and relaxed was how it was meant to be and how it felt when I was playing … :smiley:
Greetings

Hi very busy Silvia @SILVIA
Thank you :blush: :sunglasses: ,and Ooo if only this was my only bad habit :roll_eyes:. Unfortunately, the short time that I practice is not even quality practice, just maintain caluses a bit on the third first fingers and do not lose all the strength in my muscles and luckily the pinky is participating again a bit :smiley:… and It`s this morning again better than yesterday :smiley:

And with your focus and If you were to focus mainly on this kind of expertise, you would be much faster better than you can imagine …I am 100% sure of that …

no I say 100% !
Greetings,

Hi Shane @sclay
Thank you very much … yes in 4+ minutes you can put a lot :joy:
Greetings

Hi Jk @jkahn
Absolutely, but that there are simply not some notes that really belong there? and I can only now see (understand) and play the many variations, which is also very nice to notice…
And we know that’s what Brian wants…but I also want something…and now I sound like a toddler but HE STARTED that day talking bad and not tagging, and since he hasn’t visited here yet… well etc :joy: … How long would he keep ignoring this…or would he finally be busy with serious matters again???

(don`t bite me karma :grimacing:)

Greetings,

Hi Rachel @Libitina
Thank you very much :sunglasses:
and I read it as a great compliment that you find the guitar too soft :smiley:… it is very difficult for me to adjust that sound and often a big gamble… I had played a little once while I was trying to get the backing track in my head and then I quickly listen to what it sounds like, it is a bit …kuch…not very well organized here at the sound level, so to speak, neatly. :grin:
Greetings

Hi Tabitha @TabbTPul
Thank you very much for the enthusiasm. :smiley:… a nice compliment :sunglasses: but then you hear more than I do :smile:
Greetings

3 Likes

That was a really chilled improv, sounded great!

1 Like

Oooops Rogier. This had gone past me…
You are productive these days :grin:

As always… youre playing is great. Sounds delicious and laid back… you have some skills in those hands.

I have to say though… i like the sound of youre new Fender more, so i expect you to be just as productive with youre new baby :grin:

1 Like

Hi Susan,
Thanks for listening and your comment :smiley:, glad you found it chilled :blush: :sunglasses:
Greetings,

Hi Trond,
How dare you miss my video :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:

That productivity is only an illusion… this video was recorded in July and I found it on my phone at the same time as the other improv… and the almost last 2 are second-long videos in the lick’s topic… …with riffs… and oh yeah that first try with my new guitar… Mmmmm ,when I type it like that I think it’s a lot :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Of course you as a pure acoustic man :grin:
And I quite agree with you that the warmer tones of the acoustic and the way the strings vibrate when they produce the tones mmmm :wavy_dash: … just many more months of hard practice on that thing and I post a lot more :sweat_smile:, and I have to be honest if my body can handle it I immediately bought a high-end real acoustic this week…

O ,thank you for listening and comment :grin:
I’m smiling this Sunday morning :smiley:
Greetings ,

Hehehe… yeah, i am a acoustic guy… youre right about that Rogier, and maybe thats why i like that Fender sound so much…
dont think you need to wheel down the doors in search for an highend acoustic Rogier…the Fender sounded great… so great that i am in a seriously GAS situation on it… its a bit of a high price tag on it, so i have to hold my horses for now :rofl:

1 Like

Just give a search/save command at some guitar shops with a maximum price… recently one came up here for 550 euros,never seen before for that price (at least I think that’s a take-home price, but yes, I think 1 is enough and I’ll just learn to play it first)
Have fun dreaming :smiley: :sunglasses:

550??? They go for 13-1400 on the used market… the few i can find. Just a few shops that have it for now, so i guess i can forget about 550 for now…
Is it the same weight as an acoustic? It seems like its much thicker woods on it.

I got this from my NGD topic… there are sometimes offers to be found and with one or the other the difference was sometimes 100 euros without an offer… do you also have a B-stock or a real 2nd hand one? well than the price can drop to???/ you’re lucky sometimes :smiley:
be patient :scream: :weary: :speak_no_evil:…or save hard…donate a kidney…groundfunding? :joy:
Greetings

Kidney is not a bad idea… i have two of those, need only one.

1 Like

joy

Go See The Doctorrrrrr :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very cool sound there Rogier and you seem very relaxed.

Nice :+1:

1 Like

Hi David,
Thank you for listening and your comment :blush: :sunglasses: and I was indeed relaxed,
With this kind of play I often disappear into a happy place where I have words and feelings in my head that apparently come out that way…
But I could easily look very ugly all the time with the same happy feeling in my head … but many music players will recognize that in themselves :grin:
Greetings

1 Like