Happy learner 🎸

Thanks to the great teaching from Justin I am actually making progress on this my 3rd attempt to learn guitar. In my 60s and I bought Ziggy, my lovely pint size Tanglewood guitar on a whim. At first I thought I was getting nowhere again. But here I am with 3 chords under my belt, able to change at around 30 per minute and no finger pain! I’ve a long way to go, but I’m amazed and delighted at my progress. Thanks for all the fun to Justin and the team :guitar::notes::confetti_ball:

12 Likes

Thanks Toni, we appreciate all appreciation!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear Toni. Good to have that pesky finger pain phase gone too. And three chords solidly under your fingers will open up quite a few tunes for you. Before you know it, you’ll have 6-8 chords goin, and you’ll be on your way.
Lookin forward to some tunes when you’re ready.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

I started my journey at 62 and now I’m 65. I spend on average about 5 hours a day mostly practicing. I can’t imagine my life without my guitars. And I can’t imagine my life without Justin.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! As I said I attempted it twice before, bought a cheap guitar and a book (twice) and didn’t learn anything. I’ve always wanted to play, but thought I was destined not to. I’ve had this one 6 weeks or so and pick it up as often as I can, planning to spend longer soon, when I retire. At the moment we’re on holiday and I’m missing my guitar! Hope I’ve not gone backwards too much when we are reunited! Justin’s app and website is what has kick started me where I’ve failed in the past. It’s great :guitar::notes: Viva Justin and co!
Toni

1 Like

I almost never part with mine! If we’re going away for, say, 2 days, I won’t pack it. I will still do ear-training and fretboard knowledge work with Justin’s apps. I’ve also registered for Justin’s theory course, which is a must. However, if we’re going somewhere and it’s for more than 2 days, then I’ll always pack my guitar. Initially, it drove my wife nuts, but she has since resigned herself to the fact that I am hopelessly addicted to my guitar.

1 Like

Well, Ziggy is actually known as a travel guitar, he’s 3/4 size because I am too, so I guess he should come with me! I don’t have a case though… yet! :wink::joy: My other half wouldn’t mind, he’s very supportive and swears his heart doesn’t sink when I reach for Ziggy :rofl:
I’m just hoping my fingers haven’t gone all soft again when I get home and worse, forgotten where to go!! :notes::guitar::notes:

That is so cool you named your guitar like people name their cars. I never thought of that. I would agree that Justin guitar has been a life changer for me and my progress towards playing guitar. Maybe Ziggy can handle Ziggy Stardust.

Jeff

1 Like

One day, one day. Maybe :smirk::smile::guitar: