Happy musical weekend 😃

I popped along to the open mic in our local arts centre last night and played two of my songs Let x=y and Playgiarism. All went well, but I was by far the ‘least experienced’ performer :roll_eyes: :laughing:

I’m going to see Glen Hansard play in St. Georges Hall, Liverpool this evening. If he plays Fitzcarraldo, I might just have to jump up on stage and join in :rofl:

As it’s a musical weekend, I shall leave you with a collection of some of the biggest names/oldest dinosaurs playing the forbidden song. How can I not have come across this before? :open_mouth:
Have a good one folks!

16 Likes

Just what I need before starting my OM practice. It will be ok on the night. Have a great weekend Mr L.
:sunglasses:

Et tu, Brute! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohhh yesssss :star_struck: I remember this one well :blush:
Such a long time ago now, and I haven’t seen it for ages.

Always a pleasure to see legendary Sir Brian May being involved in projects like this :guitar:
And everyone seemed to have so much fun recording the song and filming this video :grinning:

Thank you so much, Brian, for sharing this gem and bringing it back to mind :hugs:

Happy musical weekend to everybody :guitar: :sunflower:

2 Likes

Enjoy your evening Brian.
This evening I shall mostly be watching The Burning Hell at a local venue.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Brian!
I thought you were going to share a video of your open mic.
Have an amazing night at Glen Hansard and weekend :smiley:
Happy musical weekend to everyone :notes: :guitar: :sunflower:

2 Likes

Nice. Enjoy that one Brian, it should be a great show and if you do invade the stage please make sure someone records it. :smiley:

Nah, it’s only a forbidden song if you play it (badly) in Guitar shops :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That was cool, Brian :metal::sunglasses: Loving how Iommi brought some grit but also love how May’s playing is always so unmistakable. His tone and style is so uniquely recognisable in a way few others are, such a legend :slightly_smiling_face:

Great to hear you’re continuing to get along to IRL OMs. In fact I managed to check one out for the first time last week, just in the audience though, and I admire your bravery for getting up there when the others are more advanced players. The one I attended only had one performer and he was ridiculously good. Played an acoustic but didn’t hold back on shredding some leads solos with it, whilst singing (originals!)… and looping… and playing the harmonica… Very intimidating! :grimacing: :rofl: Well done again! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes