Happy NBD!

As title I’ve finally got my new Bass after a false start; in a way I’m glad the first one was faulty!
It’s made by Cort and it’s a mid range model that was originally around the £530 mark but as it was an ex Cort display instrument it cost me £350 which was an amazing deal for what it is!

It’s got a Markbass Mk1 active system, hipshot tuners and a heavyweight bridge block. It’s also got Bartelini pickups which are very nice.

The neck is 5 piece to give more rigidity in different conditions.

It can be played either active or passive so it’s not a problem if the battery goes down.

It’s quite light surprisingly, it weighs less than my Telecaster.

I am over the moon with it, this is made to a standard and got the quality components that it’s not easily bettered without spending a crazy amount of money.

18 Likes

Very very nice Darrell.

Happy NBD sir !

:+1:

2 Likes

Hi Darrell,
Happy NBD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
That one looks very nice :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Happy NBD Darrell, this one looks great! I like the wood grain. Beautiful! Would like to hear him!

2 Likes

thsat looks a superb find nice guitar!

1 Like

All in good time, the frets are rather a lot father apart when you have a 34” scale length, I can just about do a 2 fret stretch from fret 1 on it, on a guitar I can do fret 1 to fret 5, that’s quite a difference especially when you want to play something that’s fast!
I’ve set myself a difficult to do, I want to learn the bass part to Muse Hysteria, it’s very fast and needs a very fast plucking style which I’ve not really tried yet!

3 Likes

Looks nice, congratulations

1 Like

Very nice Darrell, I want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a nice texture too! Congrats!

1 Like

That bass has got attitude! enjoy!

1 Like

Wow, that’s a real beauty! Can’t wait to hear how it sounds! :heart_eyes: Bring on the Muse Hysteria AVOYP! :wink:

1 Like

Looks awesome. Wood grain in front of a wood door.

You really got me with the side of the guitar, love that contrast.

1 Like

That is a beauty!

Am I seeing this right? Are there two thin veneers between the body and the cap, or is that a perfect pinstripe that’s been done with stain? I’m not seeing the grain carry through from the cap to that pinstripe detail. It’s a pretty slick bit of finish work either way, with one being only slightly more impressive than the other!

Congrats!
Richard

1 Like

You see it right, it’s thin veneer under the cap! I couldn’t believe it myself when I first saw it, that sort of detail is usually reserved for the top notch stuff!
The finishing is faultless, and the setup was spot on I had a very quick look at a few of the Cort electric guitars while I was waiting, they’re just the same, super good value for money!

1 Like

That is some next-level detail right there, and you scored in a huge way by getting all of that for just ÂŁ350, you can color me jealous!

One thing that I don’t think a lot of people know, or if they do they don’t appreciate it, is just how many of the big brand name players are manufactured by Cor-Tek. Their own house-branded Cort guitars and basses deserve so much more recognition than they get. Though I guess if that was the case they’d cost a lot more than they do.

Cheers :beers:
Richard

1 Like

Happy NBD Darrell.

Loving that wood of it. Like JK from the side it looks sweet.

Looking forward to some super tasty slapping.

1 Like

Congrats, Darrell! Cort is a quality outfit, capable of very fine work.

1 Like

Looks a beaut Darrell.

1 Like

Looks like some serious bang for your buck on that, Darrell- more like rocket fuel than GAS :rofl:
Tor says the Hysteria bassline is the reference point his mates quote when comparing how well someone plays bass. Just had a peek at the clip and it looks like a serious workout :open_mouth:
The first time I ever became aware of the bass involved in a song was age 12- Gary Thain’s basslines in Uriah Heep’s Wonderworld. Still love it :smiley:
It’s so nice to see where you are today, compared with your trials a couple of years ago. You deserve the bass, the ukes, the guitars… the lot!
Keep on rockin’ :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not actually a difficult bass line to learn, there’s a lot of use of open strings in it, the hard part is the plucking speed, it’s all 1/16th notes at 93bpm, at the moment I’m up to about 40bpm, it’s gonna take a while to get up to speed :joy:
It really is a great bass and well worth what it cost; if it was a big brand it would probably have been at least double the price, it’s very much like the Harley Benton stuff.

1 Like