Has any body used BOSS ME-80 guitar multi effect? Any idea?

Can any body give me feedback about this multi effect?

1 Like

Pretty old tech now. If you are being given it or buying second hand okay… but you are probably better looking at something else. Boss GT1 maybe if you like Boss. Plenty of others from Zoom, Mooer etc.

Thanks my budget is around 500 dollars and one of the most important thing is being user friendly . I do not want to spend a lot of time trying to figure out things :slight_smile:

Rather than repeat lots of info already in the forum it might be worth looking at some of the threads in the Gear section where different recommendations have been made.

A lot depends on how much you understand individual guitar fx pedals, chains of fx etc. a multifx can be a bit daunting if it’s the first time you touch theses things… but it is a very cheap way of acquiring lots of fx and learning about how to use different fx, amps etc.

1 Like

A friend has the ME80 and bought it only a few years ago because he wanted an alternative to his pedal board to leave at a rehearsal room. He loved it.

It may not be the latest and greatest tech, but it is easy to use with all of the controls laid out in front of you, and it sounds great.

More modern multifx units will be more flexible and have more effects (and better quality in some cases) but will be more difficult to use.

My friend has since updated to the Line 6 Helix.

If you are a computer person, most of these more modern units can be plug into a PC and configured with an app, which is usually much easier than “menu diving” on the unit itself.

If you are interested in the ME80, it’s probably worth looking around the second hand market.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thank you for your recommendation I went ahead and bought a new one. You are right. easy to use :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The more I use this ME-80 the more I am thankful to you. This so easy to use perfect for a beginner like me. I think I am already a master :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was at a venue with live music last night. The band were great.

When I checked what the guitar player was using…

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

WOW thanks a lot . I love the simplicity most. Already am an expert in no time :slight_smile:

I’m back there tonight, and thought I would grab some video.

Cheers,

Keith

3 Likes