Has anybody tried this tab maker and reader?

I am looking for a software where I can start writing my riffs, chords, and organize chord positions (a chord variations, b chord, etc…) Has anybody tried this one? Or recommend another?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Justin is a big fan of Guitar Pro, This lesson in grade 3 is all about it. If you look at the “learn more” tab under the video, you’ll see Justin says “if you buy Guitar Pro through any link on this website, you get a discount on their current price, and I also get a kickback. Use code JUSTINGUITAR on the checkout, and off you go. :)”

Then at the very bottom of the page you will find the link to buy the software at the discounted price.

It’s worth noting that there is open source (i.e. free) software with similar functionality, such as TuxGuitar and MuseScore. If you search those names using the search icon at top right of this page, you’ll come across discussions and opinions about them from other users on here.

2 Likes

I use it daily. Mainly for practicing as I can import the song into it, note the chord changes and then run it at slower speed to learn the chord changes etc. I will say that it took a little bit of getting used to how it works, but that’s the same with most good software. Just remember to get the discount via Justin’s page shown above.

1 Like

I recommend Guitar Pro. It’s a great bit of software and, as others have said, recommended by Justin and you can get a discount code if you buy through Justin.

As an alternative, there is also MuseScore which as similar tab editing capabilities but is a lot more comprehensive as an editor, being a full-on score-writing application suitable for classical music composers, as well as bedroom guitarist :wink:. It’s a fair bit more complex to use as a result, although it has the advantage of being free.

I don’t think it’s quite as good as GP for other facilities though.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Will GuitarPro convert PDF to GP format?

No.

I’m not aware of any software which does that.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

I use JustChords for song collections. Does tabs, chord sequences, scrolling, backing tracks etc. Very powerful now and free. iOS and macOS only.

1 Like

+1 for Guitar Pro, it’s also great for slowing down a section and looping it to hear and play along with. It also has the benefit that some other learning platforms make their files available in the GP format, which is useful.

2 Likes

I have GP7 and tbh I dont use it enough its an excellent tool

2 Likes