Hello ( again ) from Alex in Liverpool

Hi all. This is my second time being on here ( same account etc ). I joined around lockdown but had a brief hiatus from guitar due to life ( had my first baby).

Anyway I’ve returned to the forum and determined to crack singing and playing and develop my live performance skills.

I started playing about 5 years ago. Self taught from the holy trinity of online teachers : Justin, Andy Guitar and Marty Schwartz

Mainly used Justin to follow his early guitar lessons and the structure really helped maintain my interest by giving me small goals.

Anyway I’d really like to get to a live performance standard and develop my confidence for this. The online open mic is an amazing idea and I hope to join the next.

I’ve posted a few vids in the past but just done my first ever recorded singing and playing video. Would appreciate your feedback

Thanks
Alex

8 Likes

Hey Alex, welcome to the community, congratulations on the birth of your first child. Look forward to hearing more from you.

4 Likes

Hi Alex,

I will have to look for your video. I am familiar with Andy, Marty, and of course Justin. Justin has the coolest hat compared to Marty’s Fedora. :rofl: Justin’s methods are fantastic and proven to be a success story. Recording and singing is a big achievement and never easy. I still have a challenge with fancy strumming while singing, but I do what I can for now. I am right there with you wanting to do the open mic event. Try to play for a small group, even if just family. I guarantee people will appreciate you. I have a friend who loves me to come over and play for his family and dad who lives upstairs. They all love my playing and don’t care if I make a mistake or sound basic. Keep at it and you will succeed.

Jeff from California.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Jeff - thanks for the encouragement. Yeah im going to start practicing singing and playing, i just feel like my voice is way out of tune. Recently been watching Justins lesson on using a capo so going to start practicing and see if i can develop some basic level of singing.

Playing wise i can fumble through some songs but I figure nobody wants to just listen to a guitar being played. The singing is needed to keep interest.

So yeah im going to use this as a platform to try and sing and play and also take your advice and sing and play for friends.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello Alex and welcome back to our community. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the birth of your first child.

Stick with it and you will crack that playing and singing.

2 Likes

Hey Alex,
Welcome back!I remember you from our old house. :smiley:
The Wirral, wasn’t it?
Congratulations on the offspring- Hope the nights are ok.
I’ll pop over now and see what you’ve been up to :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Alex, welcome (back)! Those are some great goals, I’d love to be able to get to that place myself. Glad to have you here!

2 Likes

Hello Alex. Welcome (again) and if you like what Justin does, how he teaches and the structure of the lessons and courses, then you know you’re in the right place.
You have some great goals and being involved here can help you work towards that.
If you need any help just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator