Hello, Andy from Manchester UK

Im 54 and am based in Manchester. Have messed about with a guitar for a while but have decided to take a more structured approach. I play a Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM Guitar in Tobacco Brown Sunburst and a Guild acoustic though I’m more interested in electric at the moment. I use Reason 12 as a DAW and also have a lot of Native Instrument plugins. Use Guitar Rig 6 and Amplitube as amps which probably pleases the neighbours. I’m just as interested in synths as guitar so having a DAW is great. So hello everyone…

7 Likes

Hello Andrew, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
If you’re searching for a structured learning path, you’re at the best possible place :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey and look forward to hearing more from you :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hey Andy, welcome to the community. Great to hear from you, sounds like a lot of fun in your setup

2 Likes

HI Tony, yeah its limitless what you can do on a computer with music these days. The hard bit is actually finishing songs off!

1 Like

Hi Andy and welcome. Where are you in terms of using Justin’s courses? It sounds like you’ve probably been playing for a little while?

2 Likes

I’m approaching the end of Grade 3 but am deciding to focus on electric as thats my priority. I’m hopefully going to focus on blues as it s a good way to practice a lot of technique t6hat I want to use to recored my own stuff.

1 Like

Andy that sounds good and pretty well focussed and structured already to be on Grade 3. Good to have you on board

1 Like

Hello Andrew and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’m sure Justin’s course will give you the structure that you are looking for.

@Richard_close2u @DavidP Please could one of you move this over to the introduce yourself section? Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Andy and welcome to the community.
A more structured approach is exactly what Justin’s courses offer.
It is always worth revisiting the beginner courses from the start to ensure you have good habits, techniques, practice ideas and a solid platform to build upon.
Enjoy and join in.
Cheers
RIchard :slight_smile: