Hello, Bob from Southern California

HI Bob, classic rock fan here, too. I spent 14ish years in southern Cal. The Southbay area. Live in northern Michigan now. This is a great Community; you’ve come to the right place! :smiley:

Hi Bob,
Welcome and I wish you a long time playing and fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Hello Bob, welcome to the community :hugs:!

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much. All thanks to your help and persistence! I just posted my learning log (Bobbaroo’s Learning Log). Here’s the link:

Bob

1 Like

Hi Stitch,

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and for your offer to ask questions or request help with a lesson.

I posted my first Learning Log this morning. Here’s the link if you would like to take a look:

Regards,
Bob

Hi Tony,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. Where did you live in Southern California? I’ve been in Orange County since 1986. Where are you located now?

I posted my first Learning Log this morning. Here’s the link if you would like to take a look:

Regards,
Bob

Hi Tod,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Bob

Hi Lisa,

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Regards,
Bob

Hi Clint,

I’ve been in Orange County since 1986 and never heard of Lake Balboa before. It looks like you’re between Reseda and Van Nuys.

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Alan,

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,

I see that you’re from Worcester, MA. I attended UMass in Amherst in my junior year. Where were you stationed in California?

Rock on!
Bob

1 Like

Hi Rogier,

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

I see that you’re a fellow rock fan from Austria. My wife, son, and I visited Vienna for five days several years ago and loved it.

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Good morning, Bob.

I graduated from WPI and was stationed at Los Angeles Air Force Station in El Segundo. I’ll be checking into your learning log after my morning practice!

I lived mostly in Pasadena, also Sierra Madre. Worked for a while as a carpet layer so got to travel all over the LA basin as well as Orange county and San Diego. I moved to Australia in 1981 and have been here ever since. On my last trip to visit family in 2016 we stopped in LA and I played guitar on Route 66 in Santa Monica and revisited the Kings Head not too far from there which was fun for me as it was the first place I ever drank Guinness.

Hello and welcome to our community Bob. :slight_smile:

A great way to spend your retirement.

Bob, welcome to the community. I looked at your learning log and can tell that you are a very organized individual with a lot of time on your hands :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. I agree with you 100%! I’ve spent a fair amount of time on JustinGuitar since I retired last year.

Bob

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much. Organization has always been my thing. It’s second nature for me. You would think that I have a lot of time on my hands since I retired last year, however, I’ve managed to fill it up quite nicely! Enjoying every minute of it!

Bob