Hello, Bob from Southern California

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. Much appreciated!

I see that you’re from Worcester, MA. I attended UMass in Amherst in my junior year. Where were you stationed in California?

I posted my first Learning Log this morning. Here’s the link if you would like to take a look:

Rock on!
Bob

1 Like

Hi Rogier,

I posted my first Learning Log this morning. Here’s the link if you would like to take a look:

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

I see that you’re a fellow rock fan from Austria. My wife, son, and I visited Vienna for five days several years ago and loved it.

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Good morning, Bob.

I graduated from WPI and was stationed at Los Angeles Air Force Station in El Segundo. I’ll be checking into your learning log after my morning practice!

I lived mostly in Pasadena, also Sierra Madre. Worked for a while as a carpet layer so got to travel all over the LA basin as well as Orange county and San Diego. I moved to Australia in 1981 and have been here ever since. On my last trip to visit family in 2016 we stopped in LA and I played guitar on Route 66 in Santa Monica and revisited the Kings Head not too far from there which was fun for me as it was the first place I ever drank Guinness.

Hello and welcome to our community Bob. :slight_smile:

A great way to spend your retirement.

Bob, welcome to the community. I looked at your learning log and can tell that you are a very organized individual with a lot of time on your hands :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. I agree with you 100%! I’ve spent a fair amount of time on JustinGuitar since I retired last year.

Bob

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much. Organization has always been my thing. It’s second nature for me. You would think that I have a lot of time on my hands since I retired last year, however, I’ve managed to fill it up quite nicely! Enjoying every minute of it!

Bob

Hi Bob, I was joking about time on your hands. I am retired too and I know how easy it is to fill up your day with activities. I’m in module 19 and when I finish module 20, I’ll probably follow your example, since I’ve still not memorized any songs yet.

Good move Bob and I am sure it will pay dividends, Nowt wrong with 60s and 70s rock either. Big welcome from me !!
:sunglasses:

Hey Toby,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community. I see we’re the same age. I’m also a die-hard rocker. Like you, I’ll play any genre if it helps my playing development. Love your music and learning motto: You’re never too old to rock and roll if you are too young to die courtesy of Jethro Tull.