Hello -Chris from Blackwood, Wales

Hi Chris. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Hi Chris, welcome to the community forum.

Hello Chris & Welcome!

I’m a bit late to this party, but it’s never too late to have fun, eh?
Personally, looking forward to retirement & having more time for family, friends & guitar… I’m 62 & plan to retire in 2-5 years…
What did you do with yourself for the 50 years or so between “guitar then” & " guitar now"? Are you still just loving your Yamaha acoustic? My first was a big-box store Yamaha which I still have (it’s on the wall in my office at work) & play most days, workload permitting of course. Still sounds ok… not a great instrument, you understand, but playable!
Good luck with the journey ahead, just remember to keep it fun!

Tod from New Mexico, USA

P.S. I love your Wizard… too cute (my granddaughter made me say that)!

Hi Tod,
Thanks for the belated welcome. It’s interesting that you should ask what I did between then and now. I did play music but of a different kind. For many years I played with a brass band and I also played regularly with a 6 piece dance band. All amateur but I am able to read music to a reasonable standard. However, for many years I enjoyed playing a lot of sport,Unfortunately, age does take its toll and the knocks I took in my youth came home to roost so it’s back to the more sedate hobby of playing the guitar, which I absolutely love. It has also allowed me to get my grandkids interested.
One piece of advice I would give you is that time moves very quickly when you are retired so make the most of each and every day, never wishing your life away. Enjoy the moment, enjoy your family and hopefully enjoy good health.

Chris
Blackwood -Home of the Manic Street Preachers

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning: