Hello, Dave from Essex UK

Hi all
At age 56 I bought my first guitar 2 years ago - I now have 3 guitars. I’ve been making progress ever since.

Learning alone, I’m not sure how slow or fast my progress is, but there is definitely improvement. I’ve really enjoyed the journey so far, despite the occasional frustrations. I would say that I have a short attention span for most things but this does not seem to apply to my guitar playing.

Joined the forum to hear about how others are doing, which I hope will be added fuel and motivation for my own journey.

4 Likes

Hi Dave, welcome to the community. There’s plenty of good people here to help and inspire.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dave

2 Likes

Hey Dave, welcome to the community. I started playing a bit over 10 year ago at the age of 53 an it’s been a great experience. So much fun to be able to play and play and play. Look forward to hearing more fro you.

1 Like

Hi Dave,
Welcome,and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

And there is a good way to find this out,

record yourself…preferably on video,…you could have started that 2 years ago,…i’m so glad my wife recorded my first 3 chords played :blush:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello David and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Like @roger_holland has said, the best thing to do is record yourself, then pop it in the AVOYP section to get help and feedback from fellow members.

1 Like

Good to hear you’re still strumming 10 years on. I’ve surprised myself with how dedicated I’ve become. And patience… who knew I had that.

2 Likes

@roger_holland I think that is a good shout too. Not sure I’m ready to expose my playing to an audience… but some feedback would be useful.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

I meant it for yourself in the first instance, and then certainly recording your very first moment after playing for 15 minutes or so :flushed: :blush:,…but I can say that I just shared it with the world,…although I don’t gave it of course an own topic and tucked it away a bit in my Learning log, … although of course that does not apply to the people who just watch you-tube, I am seen and mss without context by everyone there, but that does not matter to me at all :sunglasses:
But don’t do anything that you don’t feel comfortable with,…We humans have many different types of “skin thickness”
Have fun :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome Dave. You are in a great place to continue your guitar journey. So many knowledgeable people on here with lots of advice and encouragement to help you along the way!

2 Likes

Alright Dave, welcome to this amazing community.
You have definitely joined the best place for mutual encouragement, support and friendly chat as you learn to play your guitar.
It can be difficult to learn alone and I’m sure as you get to know the community and the folk here you will gain so much, especially if you do decide to upload recordings and ask for feedback and friendly critique.
Just ask if you’re in need of any help/
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like