Hello, everyone! - András from Hungary

Hello, everyone!

I’m András from Hungary. Several years ago I got a cheap, but nice Toledo classical guitar from my friends for my birthday.

Initially I was eager to learn to play, bought a guitar lesson dvd, picked the guitar up every day but after a couple of months I lost interest. The lessons and practice sessions were boring and focused almost only on melody playing. When I finally got to the part of playing chords I almost immediately gave up. I just couldn’t play the G chord. :slight_smile:

Cut to some years later … I came across a mobile app called Yousician that seemed to be a fun way to learn to play the guitar. I thought it’s worth a shot so I subscribed and started the journey again. It was really fun but again when I got to the chords I stucked. I just couldn’t change between the chords fast enough and they didn’t sound right either. So I put my guitar back into it’s case and let it collect dust.

Cut to the chase … :smiley: Before last christmas I read in some YouTube video’s comment section, that Justin Guitar is THE place where you can learn guitar. I did a little research and I couldn’t find a single bad review. Watched some random video on the YouTube channel and I really liked the vibe.

So here I am, practicing almost every day since then. I’ve subscribed to the Beginner’s app and I’m grateful for the joyful 20-30 minutes that it brings to my stressful days. Although I’m still struggling some chord changes, I’m very happy that I can play along some tunes all the way through.

I’m in the consolidation stage right now. Wish me luck so I could pass Grade 1 and keep going on this journey! :slightly_smiling_face:

:pray:

7 Likes

Hello Andras and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Don’t let those chords get to you, keep at it and you do get there and when you do it is well worth the time and effort put in.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, András. You are in a good place to learn to play. Just take it slow and steady and you will master the chords and changes. Congrats on reaching the consolidation stage of Grade 1.

1 Like

Hello Andras,

Luck.

Good to see you here, now it will be all right :sunglasses:… lesson by lesson and in a while you will smile when you think back to your chord change struggles.
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi András, great to hear you’ve finally got here! It’s a great way to learn and the community is a great place to get encouragement and advice from; enjoy your learning path, that’s the most important thing!

1 Like

Greetings from Hungary :slight_smile: You’re at the best place to improve your playing and theoretical understanding of music.

1 Like

Welcome Martin, and congratulations on Grade 1. Like yourself, and many others here, I had a couple of unsuccessful attempts before I came across Justin and this great community nearly 2 years ago. Best move I ever made.
As others have said here, you’ll look back with fondness on your early struggles with certain chords/changes.
Keep going mate, momentum builds momentum.
Cheers Shane

1 Like

Thank you guys for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. Please check out my first video that I uploaded here, I’d really appreciate your feedback. :slight_smile:

Hello András and a very warm welcome to the community.
This is a great place to gain additional support, encouragement and advice from fellow travellers.
RE: chords. Classical guitars can present challenges for some when it comes to chords as the fretboards are flatter and wider than steel string and electric guitars. Are you in a position to consider buying a second guitar? I think it would help you with chords and especially barre chords when you reach that part of the learning.

1 Like

Hello Richard, thank you for the heads up.
I’ve seen Justin’s video on this topic too and I was seriously considering buying an electric guitar but I just didn’t want to make such an investment knowing that I tend to give up things pretty easily. So I set myself the goal of completing Grade2 hopefully by the end of the year, and if I managed to do that, I’d purchase one.
At least this is my initial plan… The F chord might make me change my mind. :smiley:

1 Like