Hello everyone, glad to join the community

Hello everyone. My name is Tal and I’m 53 yr young. I’ve been strumming chords on an acoustic for over 30 years. A few years ago I decided to increase the level of my guitarmanship. I got a second hand electric guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Special II), a 15W Marshall amp and began playing. Then I discovered Justin and began from 0.

I’m progressed, but I’m not where I want to be yet. I am not a beginner anymore, but I don’t feel the intermediate amateur I want to be. Or maybe I’m too strict with myself. I’m struggling with improvisation, but I feel better when I play songs. I actually played twice before friends, and I’ll upload if I manage to edit the videos to have just the songs.

So, this is me. Happy to be here.

1 Like

Hello Tall and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Maybe you’re an advanced beginner then? Either way, I’m sure you’ll get where you want to be.

1 Like

Hi Tal and Welcome.

I think we are all advanced beginners at the end of the day. There is always something new to learn, so we are always a beginner at one thing or another. What’s in a label at the end of the day. Good call to return to ground zero and work up. Great way to iron out bad habits we all pick up and maybe learn some things that passed you buy first time round.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, great to hear from you.

I think that’s a lifelong struggle in many areas of mastery. Enjoy the journey.

1 Like

Hi @Tal and nice to say hello! You probably are being too strict with yourself, as we probably all are!! So long as you’re enjoying it that’s all that really matters.
Looking forward to an upload when you’re good and ready :+1:

1 Like