Hello everyone, I'm Peter from Australia

It’s all basic stuff, but it’s exactly what I needed.

2 Likes

Hi Peter,

Welcome and enjoy.

A :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Amanda.

1 Like

Welcome Peter from Aussie land I live in Aussie land also

Welcome Peter and greetings from Adelaide.

Thanks Myall. I’ve had a fortnight off with Covid, but ready to start again now. The rhythm course is really just what I need.

Thanks AB. Where in Australia do you live?

Hi Peter I’m from Bundy QLD I also got the strumming course but haven’t ventured to far with it yet.

Hi Peter welcome to the forums!

Don’t be intimidated by it. Its all very do-able. The hardest bit (for me anyhow) is the A chord. A bit of daily attention quickly pays dividends however.

Thanks Rob.

Hi Peter, Welcome to the group keep strumming enjoy and glad you stopped by to say hi.

A

Hi Amanda, thanks for the contact. Where are you in the strumming journey?

Hi Peter,
I have not done the strumming course, been trying to get to grips with the stumming paten for Smells Like Teen Spirit and Polly both give me problems my strumming hand has its own mind and decides to stop or go in the wrong direction bit like Dr Strangelove (Peter Sellers)
for those old enough to remember :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
But I will keep persevering .
A

Hi A, that sounds very frustrating. I’m old enough to remember Dr S, but I was too preoccupied with my own madness to ever get to see it!! I’ve since been hoping it would show up on a TV near me one day …

PS: Are left hand issues confusing your right hand function??

Lol no I am fine thanks with the fretting hand just the right putting in extra strums or not as the case may be what about you how’s it going ?

A to D to A is still not perfect…

@p4gblue Peter, the D to A to D chord practice doesn’t have to be perfect to move from module 1 to module 2, just reasonable confident and able to play one of the simple songs with A and D chords. You add the E chord in module 2, but you are still practicing the 1 minute changes from A to D and you add so many more song choices.

1 Like

Yes good point Steve. I’ve been playing a while, and have never have felt solid about so called cowboy chords. I’m probably setting the bar a bit high in my desire to have them finally locked down.

1 Like