Hello everyone, new here from USA

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Glad to see you are getting back in to your guitar. It is very rewarding. You’ll be playing and singing before you know it.

1 Like

Hi, and a warm welcome to the community :grinning:. Singing is also an important part of my guitar journey, but not the main part. My focus definitely lies on playing guitar, but being able to sing along as well, makes it even more worthwhile to me :blush:.
Wish you lots of fun along your journey :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I am definitely interested in singing and improving my voice as well (especially while playing). I think I had a decent voice when younger, but I don’t feel like it’s as good as it used to be. I’m not sure if that’s just because I haven’t been practicing singing as much as when I was younger, or what.

1 Like

Hi there. Welcome to the group. I am glad you found Justin Guitar and gave playing another try. His methods are fantastic and will help you make leaps and bounds in progress. Justin has a few singing lessons in his course. Someone suggested to me a book by Mark Baxter, called the rock and roll singers manual. He also has you tube videos about voice exercises and singing tips. He is truly talented and amazing. I too want to improve my singing and playing together to get to a performance worthy place. I still do it, get out there and play in public. Nobody complains when I do and I have enough confidence now to keep trying. I hope you do the same and good luck on the jou

2 Likes

journey.

Jeff from California

Hello @SILVIA @tony @hofwonder @SgtColon @NicoleKKB @ardemenz & @SDKissFan !
:wave:

Thanks for the kind words.

Glad to be here.

3 Likes

Hey nice to meet ya!! Hope you enjoy your stay! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello TT and welcome to the community.
On, off, on, off - it is something that people have admitted to many times over the years. And so many then declare how Justin’s teaching and the structure he provides gives them a missing piece of the puzzle - enough to incentivise them to crack on and learn properly. I hope it is similar for you too.
As for singing - we have some fine vocalists around here and we have several who have taken / are taking the Chris Liepe courses (certainly @DavidP @TheMadman_tobyjenner @batwoman possibly @LBro ) and can attest to the improvements they have made.
Plus, if you are thinking of singing then don’t forget what you will be singing, of course, and learn songs, learn songs, learn songs.
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Talk_Tonight. I’m sure you will find many here who don’t have those guitarist fingers but will attest to developing greater flexibility and stretch over time and being able to play well enough for playing to be satisfying.

As for the singing, @Richard_close2u is correct that I completed Chris Liepe’s Discover Your Voice course. I certainly was not before and still would not consider myself after to be one of those ‘fine vocalists’ he mentioned but from being willing, enthusiastic, and pretty poor I have become a whole lot better having completed the course, better able to sing with reasonable pitch and phrasing. I’d endorse his course as an option to consider if you want to consider an online, self-study (with his support) option.

2 Likes

A plus one for DYV, certainly worth the investment as I can now sing many notes opposed to 2 or 3 in the same octave. Now its 2 Octaves and at a nudge 3 :speaking_head: Like David I consider myself improved but would not say “fine” just better.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll gladly add my recommendation for Chris Liepe’s Discover Your Voice. The course is true to it’s name. As well as discovering a voice I didn’t know I had, I’ve discovered a whole lot of stuff that’s been holding me back. Chris has a way of helping his students dig deeper to find the treasures that were hidden. He’s an excellent coach and a fine human being. I’m currently enrolled in his Sing Together 365 course and I love it. I’ve made discoveries and progress beyond my wildest dreams.

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear that so many of you have had positive experiences with Chris Liepe’s courses. I’ll look into it for sure.

Also @Bytron08 @Richard_close2u @DavidP @TheMadman_tobyjenner @batwoman thanks for saying Hi and welcoming me!

2 Likes