Hello everyone, new here from USA

So, I’m in my 30’s now. Back when I was in High School I learned to play to guitar, just some simple open chords. I got frustrated as I have short fingers and to add to that I have a hard time bending them certain ways. So I never really tried to push myself to get any better and I actually stopped playing for a while. Over the years up until this year I would off and on play guitar.

Now not only do I want to get better at playing guitar, but I want to get better at singing as well. Honestly, my bigger focus is to get better at singing.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

9 Likes

Hi,
In any case, you have taken the right path to create a foundation that is as strong as possible for your wishes, … I wish you a lot of fun and perseverance :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

I would say don’t give up on guitar. I have short fingers too and have a hard time getting my hands not to cramp with certain movements. However, there’s tons of tips and tricks that people recommend to help you along. I don’t know of any “singing” website that can help you…
I’d say if your goal really is to get better at singing get a vocal coach. They can help you with the right exercises to do and help determine your vocal range. :+1::smiley: I wish you good luck!!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome @Talk_Tonight.

Stick with it you’ll be amazed the chords you can reach with practice.

1 Like

Welcome! I don’t think you’ll find a better, more supportive community to help encourage you to achieve what you desire :blush:

3 Likes

:wave: Hi Roger

:wave: Hi suzieq

1 Like

:wave: Hi Liaty

:wave: Hi ardemenz

Check out Chris Liepe’s Discover Your Voice Course.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the community @Talk_Tonight

Your username is actually the name of one of my favourite Oasis songs.

2 Likes

Welcome to this great community! I have only been here a few weeks but have learned so much from the great and knowledgeable people that post here.

1 Like

Hi Socio,

cool deal, thanks for the links! :+1:

1 Like

Mine too. I got to see them live once when they dropped the Heathen Chemistry album.

1 Like

Hi Eddie_09 :wave:

I was fortunate enough to see them a few times in the UK and then in NYC around the time they dropped the Heathen Chemistry album.

1 Like

Hi! I have an interest in singing myself. What kind of music do you want to sing? Or how do you want to sing? You might check out YouTube because they have some tips at least. The following is one I found on rasp.

1 Like

Hi and welcome! I found it very nice of you to be able to say honestly you want to focus on getting better at singing! I love singing myself but I’m not sure I’ll seriously focus too much on it. See you around :blush:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, great to hear your story. I’m an accidental singer, didn’t expect to sing when I started playing so my wife sung the first song I learned. After she’d sung it about 50 or 60 times I accidentally started singing along in the chorus and the light went off for me. Over the years my voice has improved a lot because it now gets plenty of exercise. Go for it and enjoy the journey and your progress.

2 Likes

Awesome that you know why you are learning guitar -to sing. I also am learning guitar to a large part for that reason. I think playing guitar and singing provides for more authentic and soulful delivery. I also like control over the music.

2 Likes