Hello Everyone, Silvia from Italy :)

Thank you! :blush:

Hi Silvia,
Welcome, even if you’ve been walking around for a while :smile:
May you continue to enjoy playing the guitar for a lifetime :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

@roger_holland This is so nice!!! Thank you! :heart_eyes::blush::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Welcome, Silvia! I can totally understand trying to put the past behind you and trying to focus on the present. I have those same issues myself. I like your perspective about it

Also, I’ve been here for a little while too and still haven’t made my introduction (and just posted for the first time yesterday :sweat_smile:) so I can understand that as well :grin:

Happy to meet you!

Thank you @ardemenz , happy to meet you too! Take your time to write your Introduction story and please @me so I’ll be sure not to miss it, as there’s always so much content posted here.

1 Like

Hello, Silvia. Thanks for writing your introduction. I really enjoyed learning more about you. God love you for being a kindergarten teacher. One of my dear friends recently retired and I can not tell you how often when we are out that adults recognize her as their kindergarten teacher. What is amazing to me is that she recognizes them…when they are full grown.

I’m really looking forward to following your progress . Thanks again for the book suggestion.
Rose

1 Like

Hello Silvia, a very warm welcome to the community. It seems from your introduction that you have found a way to enjoy your music and enjoy what you do at the level you are at - a really positive mindset that will help you in the tough moments when frustration comes along. Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Bulls eye!
Welcome Silvia!

There isn’t much classical material on the website but more than enough to create broad and solid foundations for technique, rhythm, chords, theory etc…

Hi Silvia,

I would expect nothing less from a professional educator :slight_smile: I have a degree in psychology so I completely follow what you are saying about emotional intelligence. My philosophy is to keep moving forward, what’s done in the past is done. Enjoy each day’s victory as you progress in learning guitar. Take the time to acknowledge each small step in progress. Years ago people covered their ears and ran for cover whenever I picked up a guitar and now last month I was playing for a small group of onlookers in Hollywood while my daughters were doing an acting program with their mentors. I thought I was practicing in the courtyard of the hotel alone until I looked up and saw a group of onlookers thanking me for the performance. Small victory, but confidence builder.

3 Likes

Yes…so many satisfactions with my job…but I’m sure your friend can tell you. It’ll be very interesting and inspiring too for me to follow eachother progress.

Hello Richard and thank you for your welcome. Now, I thought I already overcame the main frustrations and tough moments :sweat_smile:, I didn’t build this light hearted disposition in one day :slightly_smiling_face: Cheers
Silvia.

1 Like

Thank you for your welcome Lieven! I started working on a Classical guitar method book last month and as going I found myself thinking “Oh! I can already do this and this!” So, definetely I built a solid foundation through Justin’s lessons in these past two years. Now it’s time to get deeper into technique :notes::notes::notes:

2 Likes

Wow, what a wonderful story and experience, Jeff!

1 Like

Building confidence is key, your story from the courtyard hotel made me smile :slightly_smiling_face: and I also can relate to that feeling of people covering their ears at my guitar playing :pensive:. I look foward to reading and sharing more stories about confidence here in the Community, maybe we should have a new topic created.

2 Likes