Hello Everyone, Silvia from Italy :)

Hello everyone, I apologize I haven’t introduced myself yet, I needed some time to figure out what to write and I’ve now made up my mind: I’m not going to waste too much time telling you about that instructor that didn’t care a bit in my teens or how painful it was to give up…ok, enough! I’m gonna tell you how happy a guitar learner I am today. I restarted learning during the first lockdown in 2020 with much self doubt and probably more self indulgence. I love both strumming and fingerstyle but I practice a lot more fingerstyle than strumming and recently I started working on classical guitar and I’m loving it so much! What else to say? I’m a kindergarten teacher and if I started learning how to strum again it’s all thanks to my job and my pupils, and to Justin’s lessons of course. I think that comparing myself to others can be constructive in a certain way, it allows for self acceptance and the more I see my progress is very slow the more I can take the time to breath through it and emotionally enjoy it, I need this. Also learning to play the guitar and be able to make some music is a wonderful opportunity for personal growth and enjoying the process is to me the main thing. I’m very grateful for this wonderful Community and for Justin’s Lessons…thank you :blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Welcome Silvia!
Glad to see another acoustic guitar enthusiast. Any particular classical pieces that you like/learn?
Hope you will enjoy this community.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I learnt the main theme of Fur Elise and Brahms Lullaby (beginner arrangements) and I finally decided to seriously start working on classical guitar tecnique.

Great mindset Silvia! Like with all things, it’s all about the process and the present. If you can take enjoyment from those, then you will never need to drum up motivation and you will enjoy all the struggles and break throughs along the way. Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Great, it will be really interesting to see how your journey goes.

1 Like

Than you for your words…a great start to the day !!

Hello and welcome to the community Silvia. :slight_smile:

Great story and how nice it is that you managed to rediscover the guitar. Enjoy your journey.

1 Like

Good to meet you Silvia and welcome. I love you just focussed on the enjoyment you’re getting now, absolutely right to leave bad experiences behind you!
It sound like you’re really discovering what you’re passionate about which is the most awesome thing. All the best!

1 Like

Thanks for the intro, Silvia, great to have you here and appreciate your contributions to the Community.

1 Like

Hi Sylvia, welcome to the community.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Keep up the great fun.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

Thank you!!! :blush:

Thank you! It’s great we can share about our personal journeys here!

Thanks to you David for all the positive feedback! It feels great to be part of this extended Community of learners :heart_eyes:

Thank you indeed! This is also a place where I feel free to share the good vibes, not only the struggles! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. Looking foward to get inspired by other learners and share more about me :blush:

Welcome Silvia, sounds like you have arrived with the correct state of mind. Enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome Silvia. My wife’s name is Silvia so I will never forget your name :slight_smile: Welcome to the community. I suggest taking it one day and one lesson at a time. Justin’s methodology is a recipe for success. Also record yourself playing even if you alone see the video. You will be surprised how much progress you make in just weeks when you play the video later. Also focus on what to learn, as Justin says, practice perfectly, only a small number of things at once. We all want to learn it all but be strategic. I have been here about 2 years now after failing at guitar in the past I have confidence thanks to Justin’s courses. Best of luck

Jeff from California.

3 Likes

Hi Jeff @SDKissFan , thanks for your welcome and your advices :blush: I agree, Justin’s methodology is a recipe for success, but I honestly struggled to stick to the lessons because of my pre-knowledge and of that very misleading approach that instructor had on me; I more than once just wished I could have learnt with Justinguitar right from the beginning, things would have been so much easier! But as I wrote before this journey is also about self acceptance, the past can’t be cancelled and it influences not only my choices but also the way I approach my practice, and there’s not much I can do to prevent it but being just aware of it. There’s something, we can put at work in our learning processes, it’s called Emotional Intellingence, it has neurobiological basis, and it can explain a lot about how real the struggle is when one has already failed in the past…but we can learn how to take advantage of it! Hope I haven’t annoyed you too much…my writing mood sometimes takes over :see_no_evil:

1 Like