Hello from Alicia & Bill in Arizona

Hi to all, and so happy to have found JustinGuitar! My name is Alicia, I’m a children’s librarian and I have been entertaining and teaching children through Storytimes (reading books, singing songs and dancing with the kids) for the past 18 years. I have long wanted to learn to play guitar, so I can sing AND play for the kids! I bought my first used guitar in October. A month into the journey, it motivated my husband to join in, and we found him a lovely used Peavy Bass. So now we’re both learning and the house is very musical! I discovered Justinguitar while I was trying to figure out how to properly play the D chord. Justin’s explanations are so thorough and it has really helped so much! I can get it almost every time during my chord perfect 3 minute practice! Also, I love the practice recommendations and I think it suits my learning style very well. Plus, we’re old dogs, and it’s great to see we’re not alone on this journey!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum Alicia and Bill.

2 Likes

Hello Alicia and a warm welcome to the community.
There’s plenty of old dogs indeed and the more the merrier.
Ask if you need any help finding your way around or with anything else.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Hi Alicia and welcome! Glad to have you here. I play with my husband too (he plays drums) and we have a lot of fun together. Although, our pre-teen daughter doesn’t appreciate it as much currently :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi Alicia & Bill, Welcome the community. It’s great to have to someone to learn with play music with and to be able to share music with children. Enjoy the Journey.
… Another old dog

2 Likes

Hi Alicia and Bill. Great stuff, I really like stories like this. Another great option for kids is the ukulele and guess what? Justin has a whole beginners section for the mighty uke.

2 Likes

Hi Alicia ! This is a very nice, supportive, enthousiastic, kind group. You’ll see. Welcome in the community Alicia.

Hi Alicia,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun here and playing and learning with your husband is great :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome on board!

1 Like

Hi Alicia and welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us!

1 Like

Welcome the both of you, you have the start of a band!

1 Like

Hello Alicia and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Nice that your hubby has joined in as well. What a great way to spend time together.

1 Like