Hello from andrew in Doncaster

Hi I am an older learner (65).

I live in Doncaster

I had a guitar in my teens but then tuners were expensive so it was never in tune. So never really learnt much then.

I started again when is was in my fifties went with a guitar teacher for a couple of years. Then I got a ganglion cyst on my left wrist (made playing painful) which meant I had to take a year out to recover.

After that I had to relearn all the songs the teacher had taught me and I just messed about with the guitar until I found this web site.

Like its structured learning.
Also enjoying the practical music theory course

My gear is an 2015 SG special with the “Les Paul 100” logo on it and a VOX VT20 modelling amp.
I also have a number of effects pedals which I built from kits.

5 Likes

Hello Andrew & welcome!!!
I hope you find this Community a useful, supportive asset to your learning!!!
Have fun!!!

Tod from New Mexico USA

From another old restarter and ex Wakey resident (last 2 decades in UK), you found the right place to learn. Welcome onboard Andrew. :sunglasses:

Welcome to the forum Andrew

Hey Andrew, welcome to the forum, great to meet you. Many of us have had false starts only to pick up and persevere to greatness (haha) eventually. Hang in there, the rewards are well and truly worth it.

Welcome Andrew from sunny York. :smiley:

Hi Andrew,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome aboard, Andrew! :slight_smile:

Wish you loads of fun on your re-entered guitar journey.

Cheers - Lisa

Welcome Andrew.

Hi Andrew,
Nice to meet you. Good luck with the guitar learning journey.
Best wishes Alan.

Hello Andrew and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Hi Andrew, welcome to the community forum. I hope you have a lot of fun and find what you need to continue your guitar journey. I’m 68 and there are many older learners here.

Hi Andrew, welcome. Good you found Justin Guitar to find a path to continue developing your guitar skills. I also had to look at the electronic tuners on the music store and not being able to buy them when I was a teenager. Now have a few of them. Have fun.