Hello from Bay Area, CA USA

I played electric guitar in my teens in a literal garage band that broke up, but for various life reasons I chose a different career path. I’m in my late 50’s and returning both to acoustic guitar and singing. Considering it to be retirement planning.

I’ve always been interested in music, am an avid listener of a lot of styles from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s rock, to folk, bluegrass, slack key, and new age instrumental like William Ackerman and other guitarists in his genre.

I recently purchased a Taylor 112ce S because the guitar I had, a very inexpensive one, was hurting my fingers too much. The Taylor plays better, and my fingers still hurt, expected, just not as much.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum David

Welcome, David. If you haven’t played in a long time, your fingers are going to hurt for awhile anyway. But I’m glad the new guitar plays better for you.

Hi David & welcome!!!
Hope you have loads of fun rediscovering guitar!!!

Tod from NM

Welcome David, enjoy your time here.

Hi David ,
Sounds like a good plan , welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome David.

Welcome to the party from the USA as well!

Welcome, David. Please keep us updated on the new Taylor and the finger reconditioning.

Hi David, welcome to the community forum. The Taylor should give you a lot of fun as you rediscover the guitar.

Hi David welcome to the group. Pop in whenever you can. It’s a nice place to be and there’s so much to keep you busy and learning.