Hello from Brazil - I'm Yuri for Rio de Janeiro

Hi all,

I’m Yuri (27) from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I started studying music in Dec 2008, after getting a classical guitar from my grandma. The funny fact is that in Brazil we use the classical guitar to play typical regional songs (MPB) and bossa nova/samba due to nylon strings’ sound.

Throughout all of those years, I’ve been playing a lot of samba and bossa nova songs, and also played for five years in a catholic church, playing religious songs, where I also learn a little bit about how to play drums.

After years of playing my guitar, I bought a p-bass in 2020 to try something new, so since then, I’m studying both instruments as a hobby.

4 Likes

Hi Yuri! Welcome to JG

That should give you quite a solid skill set I think!

3 Likes

Welcome Yuri, with your background I’m really looking forward to hearing more from you, awesome genres!!

2 Likes

Bem vindo Yuri. É muito bom ver outros Brasileiros por aqui.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Yuri. Good to have you here and from that part of the world (not too many South Americans active in the Community)

All I can say is I look forward to hearing you play. You can post recordings in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

What are you currently working on in JustinGuitar?

2 Likes

Welcome Yuri, sounds like you will have something really unique to add.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Hola Yuri and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

It would be great to hear you play some classical guitar.

2 Likes

Hello Yuri, a very warm welcome to the community.
We do have a few people whose preference is to play a nylon string guitar so it will be great for you all if you can share tips and experiences etc.
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

Hi Yuri.
Welcome and good that you provide some variety here :grin:
Greetings and a lot of fun here…Rogier

Hi Yuri, welcome. Feel free to share any of the songs you already play. Although you may have covered some of the ground already, Justin Guitar lessons can be very good to enhance and develop the skills you already have. Just in case, do not get confused with the names of the notes. The equivalency is one to one. A-B-C… is Lá-Si-Dó… you’ll get accustomed if you haven’t got already.