Hello from Cammy in bonnie Scotland

Hi, I’m Cammy a long in the tooth beginner to guitar.
I’ve been playing harmonica and singing jump blues and swing for many years.
Picked up a harmonica aged 30 and couldn’t put it back down again !
Played in and started many bands, gigged a lot.
But, got a bit disillusioned with running a band, booking gigs etc, so quit 7 years ago
Dabbled on the piano for a few years, which I enjoyed, but it just not portable enough :flushed:
So, decided to treat myself for my 60th birthday and get a guitar.
Its great ! I’ve got the same feeling about it that the harmonica gave me. I just can’t seem to put it down :sunglasses:

Looking forward to my new musical journey.:heart_eyes:

All the best, and keep playing :guitar:

Cammy

8 Likes

Hey Cammy, welcome to the community. I started playing guitar at the age of 53 over 10 years ago and just loving what it’s brought into my life. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Cammy!

You have such a rich musical history I can’t wait to see where the guitar takes you on your journey! All the best and welcome to the community!! <3

2 Likes

Hi Cammy,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Cammy, greetings and welcome to the community. You have a great background steeped in music. Good on you for seeing a new opportunity in guitar. There’s many mature folks doing the same: Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?
If you have questions just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Thats great, welcome to the community. :slight_smile:
R.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Cammy…what a nice musical journey you’re already in! Guitar will make it even more wonderful I’m pretty sure :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Cammy, I’m in Stirling and I joined a couple of months back and love this community.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Cammy

2 Likes

Hi i`m in Aberdeenshire–started 4 weeks ago for my retirement and having fun. Good luck

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, its never too old to start. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hello Cammy and welcome. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you have a great musical background. You’ll have to get your harmonica going with your guitar, once you feel confident enough.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the welcome.

Will be trying a rack for the harmonica soon :grin:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Cammy, you’ve a great musical background. Enjoy your guitar journey - needs to be some Neil Young in your future playlist - just so you can incorporate the harmonica. :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Cammy. I hope at some point we’ll hear you playing your harp too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes