Hello from Colorado, USA

Hello everyone, I’m Vince from Fort Collins, CO. I’m 60 and started playing both guitar and piano about a year and a half ago. I started with SimplyGuitar, and then found JustinGuitar last fall. I take remote lessons with a person in Portland, OR using Riverside.fm (podcasting software). Really enjoying guitar and hoping to do some casual busking here and in Boulder in about a year. Playing mostly rock and blues.

I play a PRS SE Hollowbody II and a Strandberg NX 6 Standard. I’ve got a Yamaha THR30II amp, and a Positive Grid Spark Mini amp.

Loving every minute of it!!

Vince

6 Likes

Hi Vince, welcome to the community! Have a lot of fun with both of your instruments!

1 Like

Hi Vince,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Looks like you’re doing well/having fun on the music road :smiley: :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Vince,
Welcome to the community sounds like your having a blast and really enjoying yourself.
Good luck with your goals.
A

1 Like

Welcome to JG community, Vince.
Always had a liking for the PRS HB, but have not crumbled to GAS … so far.
It’s good to have a goal to aim at and tailor your learning accordingly; and there’s plenty content and members in here to help you along the way.
There’s an AVOYP section (upload audio/video recordings) and frequent virtual OMs over Zoom, when your ready to have a go.
Also seek out the Clubs section where you can interact with JG Approved Teachers online.
Keep it fun … :sunglasses:
Colin

Hello and welcome. Big respect for learning 2 instruments in same time

1 Like

Hi Vince, welcome to the Community :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Vince! Welcome to the community! I reside in Littleton, just south of you by an astounding 70 miles.

1 Like

Hi Vince :wave:

Excuse my limited knowledge…what is “GAS”? I’ll definitely check out the audio/video upload area. Almost ready to record a couple of Jack Johnson songs.

1 Like

Hi Vince, and welcome from another Coloradan.

GAS is Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.
It happens. :sweat_smile:

Jessica

1 Like

Hey Vince, welcome to the community. I’ve got the THR10 amp and am very happy with it. I started playing in my early 50s and learned a lot back then from Justin Guitar, over 10 years on I’m so glad I stuck with it, the rewards are just wonderful. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the community, Vince!

Sounds like you’re on a good way already. Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey! :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Perhaps we can get together for a jam sometime.

Jamming would be fun, but I am lousy at jamming with my focus more on classical. It doesn’t seem to jam well at this stage for some reason. That doesn’t mean I can’t try!

1 Like

Hi Vince & welcome!
I’m in Albuquerque NM but have a daughter & her family in Wellington so get up there for a visit a couple of times a year! Pretty place to hang your hat! Good luck with your musical journey!!!

Tod

1 Like

Let me know if you’re going to be in the area, I’m open to Jamming. We visited Albuquerque for the eclipse and balloon festival last fall. That was a fun time!

1 Like

Balloon Fiesta is usually a very good time of year weather wise here! I’m glad you enjoyed the visit! Definitely not envious of your cold weather up there last couple of weeks :cold_face:!!!
I haven’t ever jammed with anyone, can’t seem to be able to play in front of anyone! Everything I know is just GONE as soon as I realize someone else is in the room!
By the way… until we see pics of your guitars, they don’t exist!!! :rofl:

Tod

Hello Vince :smiley:

A very warm welcome to the forum.
You’ve found the perfect place here.

Have lots of fun on your musical journey with your strings and keys :musical_note: :guitar: :musical_keyboard:

Greetings from Germany
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

Hi Vince, welcome to the community. You will have a lot to learn with both piano and guitar, but they are complementary skills. It sounds like you will have a lot of fun learning songs.